Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Hi

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alismum

Hi everyone. Very much the new girl [well I think I am a girl in my mind]. Gastric bypass scheduled for 18 June so started the milk diet yesterday. Will probably not want to see a glass of milk ever again after this! Must say I am not at all hungry. I do ‘fancy’ things though, especially when I am cooking for Peter but the will power has kicked in. I am quite nervous about the op, I think it is the anaesthetic that worries me more than anything, but then I think of the long term results and it will be truly worth it. I am my husband’s carer and really couldn’t have continued much longer carrying this weight about. Look forward to reading all your comments down the months.

treeza

Hi there

Your having your surgery exactly a month before mine! I hope it all goes really well. I shall look forward to heard about your progress through the next few weeks x T :0)x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@ali’smum 28705 wrote:

Hi everyone. Very much the new girl [well I think I am a girl in my mind]. Gastric bypass scheduled for 18 June so started the milk diet yesterday. Will probably not want to see a glass of milk ever again after this! Must say I am not at all hungry. I do ‘fancy’ things though, especially when I am cooking for Peter but the will power has kicked in. I am quite nervous about the op, I think it is the anaesthetic that worries me more than anything, but then I think of the long term results and it will be truly worth it. I am my husband’s carer and really couldn’t have continued much longer carrying this weight about. Look forward to reading all your comments down the months.

Hi there and welcome to the friendliest place around.

Of course you are worried – it’s major surgery but it’s no more dangerous than having a tooth out under a GA.

Who are you having your surgery with and where? I see you are in Surrey so is it with Streamline? If it is I can tell you with confidence that you will be in the very safest of hands. Look forward to hearing all about your journey – which you have already started! I still love milk but never, ever want to see another sugar free jelly in my life lol!

Doodah x

alismum

@Doodah 28710 wrote:

Hi there and welcome to the friendliest place around.

Of course you are worried – it’s major surgery but it’s no more dangerous than having a tooth out under a GA.

Who are you having your surgery with and where? I see you are in Surrey so is it with Streamline? If it is I can tell you with confidence that you will be in the very safest of hands. Look forward to hearing all about your journey – which you have already started! I still love milk but never, ever want to see another sugar free jelly in my life lol!

Doodah x

Hi Doodah

Am going to St Richard’s in Chichester. Guy Slater is the surgeon so feel in very safe hands there. Haven’t found the sugar free jellies or the sugar free crusha so just surviving on milk, Bovril drink and water [sometimes as peppermint tea]. Know that sounds very boring but I did Lighterlife and it is really just like that. I can already feel the difference in the way my clothes fit so that’s an incentive. I live in Hindhead but there doesn’t seem to be a group meeting around here. If anyone is near please let me know as I would like to meet up and so that we can support each other.

ali’smum

Lauren
    Keymaster

You most certainly are in the very safest of hands. Guy Slater is an excellent surgeon and a really nice man. So calm and reassuring. I had my bypass at St Richard’s with Shaw Somers, almost five years ago. Superb team.

You can get sugar free jellies at almost any supermarket along with sugar free syrups. However, please click on this link to find sugar-free heaven! Perfect for anyone post op. Bariatrics megastore

As for a support group near you, I’m not sure if there is one close by. I go to the one in Harrow run by the wonderful Stacey Brova. I travel all the way up from Southampton as it is so fabulous. I know other members come from just as far away. One even pops over from Spain when he can! Why not start one of your own? It’s as easy as anything. You can advertise it on here and make a secret group on Facebook to keep in touch. Might be something to consider?

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media