Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Help- Weetabix

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    janie123

An anyone he me have had weetabix and I am now foaming but I can’t shift the weetabix have tried to be sick and get it up but it’s just the foam . Having water doesn’t help, don’t know what to do, been like this for about three hours. Janie

Whitey

Hi Janie I’m 4 weeks post bypass and have had this a couple of times. I have found there is nothing I could do just wait for it to pass. I tried sipping water or peppermint tea but nothing helped. All I could suggest is walking around if this helps or just rest if not. I felt abit fragile the next day so was very careful with eating slowly. I know it is awful but I hope you feel better now.

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I am 16 months post bypass and every so often I still get this, in fact I have had it 3 times in the last couple of weeks, the worst it has been since I had the op. There is nothing you can do you just have to let it pass. With me once I have been sick a couple of times and I mean sick just not foam I usually feel a little better. Feel very delicate the next couple of days, in fact I went right back to eating very soft food for a couple of days. I look at it in my case being further on the journey than you both are as a kick up the backside about maybe taking things for granted and just a reminder of what I have had and not to abuse it. I am these last couple of days eating a lot more slowly, chewing more and listening to what my little”pouchy” is telling me, only eating until it tells me it is full and not forcing one or two more mouthfuls down and so far things are settling down again.
    Elaine xx

janie123

Thank you both so much for you replies, I was getting a little worried.
    Jamie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Janie

Unfortuanately, frothing/foaming is our pouche’s way of telling us to slow down and chew better. All you can do is keep ‘spitting’ up the foam and blowing your nose until it passes. It’s hideous but it forces us to remember that we are letting our ‘standards’ slip and by that I mean forgetting to chew, chew, chew and make the right food choices. The good thing is, that it reminds us that our surgery is working.

I still get caught out on the odd occasion, usually when I’m in a hurry 🙁 Old habits and all that…..

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media