Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

help needed ??

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    bellyman

Hi im going through a patch where i know im losing weight but i cant see much of a difference when i look in the mirror . has anyone got any hints on how to overcome this feeling ????

mandyl

sorry cant really help as i still dont see it after 9 months but just wanted to send a hug x

solucky

Hi Bellyman,

what about hanging an item of clothing up that you can look at and remind yourself you are losing lots of weight. I go through times when due to my impatience I think nothing’s moving, then I look at a top I have kept from my size 24 range (I only kept 1 item) and the realisation hits me that I’m now shrinking as I’m wearing the smaller end of size 18s now. Hope this helps. xx

carolthecook

Hi Bellyman, haven’t done this myself but wish I had…a friend tied a piece of string around her waist prior to surgery and left it there, now it hangs down on her hips…its a reminder that she is losing and has lost weight and inches from the beginning and keeps her going when she thinks she is plateauing. It stays in place even in the shower and she says she will cut it free when she gets to goal or her 1 year oppiversary. Carol x

Claire

Hi Bellyman, how about pinning a “before” picture up on the mirror? Then, everytime you do look, you will be reminded of exactly how far you have come.

I’m only now starting to see the slimmer me, despite having shrunk from a size 28/30 to an 18 now. Some days I still look in the mirror and see the old me staring back… I think it takes a long time for our heads to catch up with our bodies.

What was great for me is that I saw some really old friends at the weekend that I haven’t seen for over a year and the compliments that I had ALL night were a real boost for me and I’m still walking on air.

xxx

Anonymous

Hi Bellyman(iac),

I think SO SO has it right, hopefully you kept something from the start, this should be your encouragement…
    Occasioanlly I put on an old shirt and I look like the nodding dog in the back of cars, I have cleared the wardrobe out but nowhere near enough obviously…
    Having a comparasion, be it clothes or a photo should help.

Blimey Belly (or should we say half a belly) you have achieved so much allready, things might slow as rapid weight loss slows but you know your far from done here….. We are in awe of your achievments. we are wowwed but what you have already lost…….. its a truley inspiring adventure….

I am still trying to find out where some of the photos are from the teaparty their must be hundreds….. and I am sure your smiling in every single one of them

LAST RESORT…. get rid of the mirror, they are second to the scales for things that disapoint us….
    Why you might be disapointed I will never know I am SOOOOO proud of you….

Buzz

bellyman

thanks all i really apprieciate all the help and encouragement , i will take all the help and put it in to good use, especially looking at an old piece of now over sized clothing . i just wish there were more things like get togethers cos everyone is so special and has there own way of dealing with life and like BUZZ said just seeing all of your smiling and giving such happy compliments to each other has got me back on a positive track.
    Love to all Bellyman xxxxxxxx

Claire

@bellyman 7537 wrote:

thanks all i really apprieciate all the help and encouragement , i will take all the help and put it in to good use, especially looking at an old piece of now over sized clothing . i just wish there were more things like get togethers cos everyone is so special and has there own way of dealing with life and like BUZZ said just seeing all of your smiling and giving such happy compliments to each other has got me back on a positive track.
    Love to all Bellyman xxxxxxxx

Hi Bellyman

I only live down the road from you, Carol lives in Cambo and there are a couple of others that live really close to us too… we’ll arrange a get together for coffee soon… you up for it?

xxx

Anonymous

Bellyman Buddy,
    All we need to do occasioannly is take a step back and think about what life was like before surgery… Can you remember?
    Memories diminish as do our waist lines lol…..
    Anytime you need a pick me up or little bit of motivation just pop a post on here and your get replies from the heart, people really do care on here. Its our way of paying something back in appriciation for what we have been given….

Shame I’m not closer..lol I’m sure we would have a riot…. I know you have a great sense of humour……lol..

Have a great day mate….

Buzz

carolthecook

I’m on for a meet-up Bellyman, Claire and others nearby (Mrs Vinnie is also close by). Carol x

Ms Ellie

Andy…. now listen here sweetcheeks you dont need a mirror you have done amazingly well and you look fab trash the mirror!!!!

bellyman

Hi everyone , i,m well up for a coffee day or morning / evening somewhere. I,ve allways wanted to go to a mothers meeting.
    please please someone arrange it and im there. xxxxxxxx

Claire

@bellyman 7606 wrote:

Hi everyone , i,m well up for a coffee day or morning / evening somewhere. I,ve allways wanted to go to a mothers meeting.

Will give you a shout when we do

xxx

Ms Ellie

@bellyman 7606 wrote:

Lol Andy mothers meeting??????????

bellyman

i just love chatting with you lovely ladies xxxxxxxxxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media