Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Help – part 7

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Nettie

My total food intake is very small now Heidi, a smoothie for late breakfast with a slim fast shake late morning for extra calories and protein followed by soup for luch with added grated cheese for protein, usually my evening meal consists of a tiny mashed potato based meal either fish pie or shepherds pie type things but could only ever manage about a third of a ready meal sort of size, but I do make my own but thats the sort of quantity. During the evening I try and get a banana down followed by my mandatory hot milk before bed. A ramekin dish size meal will fill you when you’re at that point, my weight has dropped off since xmas and it’s purely because I’m at the right restriction. Good luck with your fill honey xx

DonnaB

Hi,

If I could eat that I would be very happy, I eat one or two mouthfuls of any solid food and instantly get a pain in my chest and back then bring it up along with lots of white bubbly stuff (sorry for that detail), it’s really getting me down now as I am hungry and the nurse said I will start to loose muscle and nit fat, I plan to go and get another half a ml out in the next few days

Donna xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@DonnaB 23548 wrote:

Hi,

If I could eat that I would be very happy, I eat one or two mouthfuls of any solid food and instantly get a pain in my chest and back then bring it up along with lots of white bubbly stuff (sorry for that detail), it’s really getting me down now as I am hungry and the nurse said I will start to loose muscle and nit fat, I plan to go and get another half a ml out in the next few days

Donna xxx

Hi Donna

that bubbly stuff is what’s known as frothing. It is your digestive juices going into overdrive as it tries to break down the food. It could be that although you are not eating much, you might still be eating it too quickly and not chewing it sufficiently. Might be worth trying to take AGES to chew the food to see how that goes?

Doodah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@hides 23541 wrote:

Thanks nettie, i know your post was helping Donna , but it has also helped me too. I go tomorrow for my next fill and i have only had 1/4ml put in the last 3 times, but i defo need a fill tomorrow….. I think i look at my food and my head tells me a saucer of food isn’t enough, so i stop myself having a big fill because i dont know if a ramikin of food enough to fill me up, but from what you are saying this is the stage we have to get to to lose the weight…… And it is enough !!! I have found it hard to lose the last half a stone , so i know i’m eating more then i need …… I think i must have about 1100/1200 cals per day, and i’m losing about 1lb a week, sometimes it’s alittle less. Hoping to get my 4 stone tomorrow, but i thought i’d be at 5 by now , i know i shouldn’t compare but it’s human nature….. Having a bloody sweet tooth doesn’t help, but i’m human

Moan, moan, sorry , feeling alittle glum, needed to off load…… Know i need a kick up the bum .
    Heidi

You moan away Heidi – it’s what we are all here for my lovely.

Doodah x

@DonnaB 23548 wrote:

Hi,

Donna xxx

Hi Donna, I know I get that too, its not very lady like having to spit it out lol. I get that mainly when I at more stodgy stuff, Its just happene when I had a couple of crackers for lunch, the only upside it hat it makes you stop but is uncomfortable. An that was with me chewing lots. I dont get it when I at the more mushy crackers like crackerbread.

Its all trial and error to see what we can and cant have. bananas do that to me now also.

I am now 7days post fill and just about managing a few teaspoons of mash like shepherds pie etc. I am not overly worried as long as I can eat a bit and not hungry.

let us know you get on after your defill….

I have another appointment for a fill in 3 weeks but if I feel restricted as I do now may not have it, will go and have a chat.

X

Nettie

Crackers are quite advanced I still can’t eat them so I’m not surprised you froth with those, I agree with Doodah from early chew chew and the chew some more, my nurse says a small amount on the spoon (half a teaspoon) should be chewed 20 times before swallowing and anything that doesn’t resemble a mush at this point should be spat out.

Nettie xx

hides

Hi nettie and others 🙂

Like you said Nettie i’m not at right restriction, but still cant get my head round a ramikin being enough….. 🙂

Appt today went well, i reached my 4 stone marker 🙂 , i had a 1/2ml fill , only had liquids so cant tell the restriction yet. However she did tell me if i couldn’t keep solids down in a weeks time, i should come back…… So Donna do keep an eye on your situation.

Feeling better today, so thanks Doodah for letting me ramble on.

Heidi 🙂

Nettie

Heidi thats amazing 4 stone is really good going, I hope the restriction is good and you carry on the good work.

Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@hides 23577 wrote:

Hi nettie and others 🙂

Like you said Nettie i’m not at right restriction, but still cant get my head round a ramikin being enough….. 🙂

Appt today went well, i reached my 4 stone marker 🙂 , i had a 1/2ml fill , only had liquids so cant tell the restriction yet. However she did tell me if i couldn’t keep solids down in a weeks time, i should come back…… So Donna do keep an eye on your situation.

Feeling better today, so thanks Doodah for letting me ramble on.

Heidi 🙂

No need to thank me – it’s what we are all here for! I do it just as much as anyone else. It’s brilliant that we have a place we can vent our true feelings knowing that every other person on here will totally understand: even if we are at different stages of the journey. The one thing we all have in common whether considering/just had/old hand wls is that we have no control over food when we start. For some of us, wls is the only reason we have any control at all. I once told a member of my family that I had been ‘surgically muzzled’ in reply to the question ‘Have you finally found some self control?’!!!! That ‘muzzling’ allows me to breathe, speak, exercise and stay in control so that I don’t bite myself in the ass anymore food wise!! Me and my weird analogies again haha!

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media