Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Help! Part 4

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #44625
    Gwaza
    Member

    Update ~ I’m having an ICD Implantable cardioverter defibrillator implanted on 10/04/14 at Papworth Hospital. I told the surgeon I’d prefer to have a local anaesthetic as long as I don’t hear him say Oh Oops! during the procedure. I’m hoping post op I can exercise more as my weight loss is now very minimal. I’m still totally over my depression but still very lonely if anyone cares to chat sometime.

    #44590
    Whitey
    Member

    Hi Gwaza hope your op goes well I’m sure there won’t be any Oops moments. Don’t get disheartened with your weight loss think about how much you have lost so far. We are all here to support each other. I’m sure this forum has helped all of us at some point in our weight loss journey and when we are feeling that no one understands how we are feeling. Take care and keep us posted on your progress x

    #44574
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    @Gwaza 31722 wrote:

    Update ~ I’m having an ICD Implantable cardioverter defibrillator implanted on 10/04/14 at Papworth Hospital. I told the surgeon I’d prefer to have a local anaesthetic as long as I don’t hear him say Oh Oops! during the procedure. I’m hoping post op I can exercise more as my weight loss is now very minimal. I’m still totally over my depression but still very lonely if anyone cares to chat sometime.

    Hi there!

    Lovely to hear from you again. We all always care but we don’t ask how people are just in case they want to get support but not participate sometimes – you know?

    I truly hope the op goes well and that you will soon be up and at ’em again. You are wise not to worry about weight loss just now but to concentrate more on getting healthy enough to be able to exercise. Papworth has a good reputation so you will be in good hands.

    We really would like to know how you are getting on if you can spare five mins.

    Take care ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Doodah x

    #44626
    Gwaza
    Member

    Thanks all ๐Ÿ™‚

    #44642
    treeza
    Member

    Hi there
    I hope you are well & wish you all the very best. Let us know how your getting on x

    #44575
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    How are things with you this (sort of) fine Monday morning Gwaza?

    Not long to go till Papworth now is it? How are you feeling?

    Doodah x

    #44627
    Gwaza
    Member

    Thanks treeza

    #44628
    Gwaza
    Member

    Hiya Doodah I’m doing OK ignoring light headed feeling
    Had check up with doctor yesterday
    My BP very good said I’m looking good and ready for op next Thursday
    My GP very supportive and uplifting ๐Ÿ™‚ Dr Pacuka I believe shes origionally from Kosovo Lost everything in the war there
    How you doing? Peter plgiles@gmail.com idf you prefer

    #44576
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    @Gwaza 31820 wrote:

    Hiya Doodah I’m doing OK ignoring light headed feeling
    Had check up with doctor yesterday
    My BP very good said I’m looking good and ready for op next Thursday
    My GP very supportive and uplifting ๐Ÿ™‚ Dr Pacuka I believe shes origionally from Kosovo Lost everything in the war there
    How you doing? Peter plgiles@gmail.com idf you prefer

    That’s great news Peter! We have got everything crossed for you.

    Your GP sounds remarkable. Imagine being that brave – to go to a new country and start again! She must be made of stern stuff and how lucky you are to have her as your champion.

    I’m fine thanks. Mostly settled in now but, ironically, my sat nav is still evading me haha! Will be in the very last box/bag I look in no doubt.

    Keep up the good work – Monday is almost here ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Doodah x

    #44629
    Gwaza
    Member

    Hiya

    Op went OK

    Was a potential problem in that one wire sensor not functioning 100% talked of opening me up again but decided to leave and review at 6 month check up. They didn’t need to stop heart to check if working in my case ๐Ÿ™‚
    Was given semi see though panties to wear Very fetching! Who designs hospital clothing? First the gowns now these. Told them I normally only cross dress after 10 pm Not sure if they realised I was joking.

    #44577
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    @Gwaza 31939 wrote:

    Hiya

    Op went OK

    Was a potential problem in that one wire sensor not functioning 100% talked of opening me up again but decided to leave and review at 6 month check up. They didn’t need to stop heart to check if working in my case ๐Ÿ™‚
    Was given semi see though panties to wear Very fetching! Who designs hospital clothing? First the gowns now these. Told them I normally only cross dress after 10 pm Not sure if they realised I was joking.

    Hahaha! that made me laugh out loud!

    So good of you to let us know how it went. And to warn us of the see through knickers!

    What is the next stage for you? And how are you feeling? Did you manage to enjoy some of the long weekend?

    Doodah x

    #44639
    Kimberly
    Participant

    @Gwaza 31939 wrote:

    Hiya

    Op went OK

    Was a potential problem in that one wire sensor not functioning 100% talked of opening me up again but decided to leave and review at 6 month check up. They didn’t need to stop heart to check if working in my case ๐Ÿ™‚
    Was given semi see though panties to wear Very fetching! Who designs hospital clothing? First the gowns now these. Told them I normally only cross dress after 10 pm Not sure if they realised I was joking.

    So glad your ok but very funny post x

    #44578
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    How are you today Gwaza? hope you had a good night’s sleep – that always helps.

    Doodah x

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media