Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Help! Part 4

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

Keep us in the loop and I hope your GP can help you . I firmly believe no one should be in pain , I think that’s because I’m such a wimp

emma1975

Take extra magnesium before bed for night cramps. If your on meds from your doctor check its ok to have high dose magnesium though as it can interfere with some meds

Gwaza

Thanks for advise

Lauren
    Keymaster

I was told that night cramps are mainly due to dehydration. I suffer quite a bit with cramp – any time of the day or night so i will be very interested to hear what you find out! I’m never dehydrated – I drink far too much tea for that! Please let us know how you get on.

Doodah x

Gwaza

Will do Seeing quack tomorrow

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hope you get some answers today. I for one would be very interested to hear what your GP has to say ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Gwaza

My GP has changed my statins from Atorvastatin to Pravastatin Sodium as I suspect the Atorvastatin is the main factor
    Also had full range blood test to see if deficient in any way (other than bonkers) ~ I will get the results next week some time.

treeza

Good that you had bloods done they should show if there’s anything untoward! I hope the change of statins help! If your post surgery do you still need them? I came off mine straight away x take care x

Kimberly
    Participant

That’s sound a bit promising , hope your feeling a bit better

Gwaza

Thanks Kimberly Feeling a bit more positive at moment

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Gwaza 30888 wrote:

My GP has changed my statins from Atorvastatin to Pravastatin Sodium as I suspect the Atorvastatin is the main factor
    Also had full range blood test to see if deficient in any way (other than bonkers) ~ I will get the results next week some time.

The ‘bonkers’ bit really made me snort! I love that word.

Seriously though, i hope the change of statins helps a bit. Keep in touch about your bloods too as that will be very interesting for many of us ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Gwaza

Will do that
    I’m a bit disillusioned as weight loss now just about zero Doesn’t make sense

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Gwaza 30912 wrote:

Will do that
    I’m a bit disillusioned as weight loss now just about zero Doesn’t make sense

How far post op are you and have their been any major changes in your circumstances? If you are still under the care of your team, you should go and see them. If not, ask your GP to refer you back to them.

In the meantime, I would suggest you keep a food diary. This will help you to see where some changes could be made, if necessary. It is VERY easy to slip into habits that are counter-productive – we have all been there believe me!

I hope you can get the help you need. Please keep in touch.

Doodah x

Gwaza

Thanks Doodah
    Bloods mostly normal except for elevated cholesterol and gout indicator. Told me to eat less sea fud. I forgot I’m now eating tuna salads quite a bit. Running out of ideas Pete

ps Nice photo decent smile

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Gwaza 30980 wrote:

Thanks Doodah
    Bloods mostly normal except for elevated cholesterol and gout indicator. Told me to eat less sea fud. I forgot I’m now eating tuna salads quite a bit. Running out of ideas Pete

ps Nice photo decent smile

Hi again Pete

Can you be referred back to the dietitian? It may sound daft but sometimes we don’t see that we are making bad choices until someone else points it out! You could ask your GP to refer you back. It may take a bit of time but in the meantime, the food diary might go some way to illustrating any problems that might be occurring that you hadn’t realised.

Hope you get some more advice soon. I’m not a clinician so can’t offer anything remotely clinical/medical!

ps thanks for the nice ps ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media