Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Hello there!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #53289
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Kim, you waited so long and MY LIFE, you are worth it. Don’t know what we would all do without you now! My little support group wingman.You are a treasure.

    Doodah x

    #53306
    Lelly
    Member

    @Vickster 33159 wrote:

    I really feel so touched that I have already encountered such lovely people, and feel so, so lucky to have met Lelly, I think I have really found a very special friend!

    I am writing this with tears in my eyes, I am so pleased to have met you and I knew that we would be great friends when I told you my weight, I have never done that before, only family and Doctors knew that horror. Thank you for asking to swap e-mails that day, I not only got given a new lease of life that day but I gained a true friend, what a day x

    #53307
    Lelly
    Member

    @Doodah 33157 wrote:

    My dear friend Susan was my ward companion when I had my bypass. We remain lifelong friends. There is nothing to compare to having someone with you right from the starting line, to the winning tape. She is wonderful. My Surgery Sister.

    Doodah x

    It’s wonderful isn’t it to have someone with you who is going through the same things at the same time. I no longer have my Sister but I feel that I may just have to adopt Vicky as my Sister

    #53290
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Lelly 33186 wrote:

    It’s wonderful isn’t it to have someone with you who is going through the same things at the same time. I no longer have my Sister but I feel that I may just have to adopt Vicky as my Sister

    Get the papers signed 😉

    I have Susan and I have one other person who is not public about her surgery. My life has been enriched beyond all I could have hoped for by meeting them – through wls. I have my own beloved sister whom I adore, but I now have two more: always on my side, always ready to listen to me, always giving me great advice and – the best bit – always willing me to succeed and delighting in it when I do.

    It’s simply amazing. Wls is the pebble tossed into a pond – the ripples keep on bringing waves of positives.

    Doodah x

    #53318
    Vickster
    Member

    Oh Lelly! x x x x I would love to be adopted as your sister! Actually sat here at my desk with tears in my eyes!

    I have two sisters, one of which I am close to, the other one, she has always been very jealous of me, and hasn’t spoken to me since I moved from Ashford 11 years ago.

    I feel very touched that you would think of me that way x x

    #53308
    Lelly
    Member

    @Vickster 33190 wrote:

    Oh Lelly! x x x x I would love to be adopted as your sister! Actually sat here at my desk with tears in my eyes!

    I have two sisters, one of which I am close to, the other one, she has always been very jealous of me, and hasn’t spoken to me since I moved from Ashford 11 years ago.

    I feel very touched that you would think of me that way x x

    Well then Sis, that’s signed and sealed then, lovely!

    #53309
    Lelly
    Member

    @Doodah 33189 wrote:

    Get the papers signed 😉

    I have Susan and I have one other person who is not public about her surgery. My life has been enriched beyond all I could have hoped for by meeting them – through wls. I have my own beloved sister whom I adore, but I now have two more: always on my side, always ready to listen to me, always giving me great advice and – the best bit – always willing me to succeed and delighting in it when I do.

    It’s simply amazing. Wls is the pebble tossed into a pond – the ripples keep on bringing waves of positives.

    Doodah x

    It is truly amazing isn’t it, I have two people now that I am very close to and all because of wls, unbelievable. Aren’t we lucky.
    On a personal note did you have problems with excess skin? Tell me to go away if I am being too personal.x

    #53291
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Vickster 33190 wrote:

    Oh Lelly! x x x x I would love to be adopted as your sister! Actually sat here at my desk with tears in my eyes!

    I have two sisters, one of which I am close to, the other one, she has always been very jealous of me, and hasn’t spoken to me since I moved from Ashford 11 years ago.

    I feel very touched that you would think of me that way x x

    I lived in Ashford for many years as a child. It’s still one of my favourite places in the world and I am constantly being drawn back there. I was lucky enough to live there when everything was just like it is in ‘Darling Buds of May’ (early 60s) so I have wonderful memories of bluebell woods, little streams to fish in and long bike rides. I must go back this year!!

    Doodah x

    #53319
    Vickster
    Member

    @Lelly 33185 wrote:

    I am writing this with tears in my eyes, I am so pleased to have met you and I knew that we would be great friends when I told you my weight, I have never done that before, only family and Doctors knew that horror. Thank you for asking to swap e-mails that day, I not only got given a new lease of life that day but I gained a true friend, what a day x

    Oh Lelly xx tears in my eyes too! Not a good look for work lol I am the same with sharing weight, but it instantly felt so safe and right, talking to you.
    It was so out of character for me to ask about emails, but I am, so, so glad that I did. I got my life back that day, and a very special friend to share it with x x

    #53320
    Vickster
    Member

    Oh my goodness Doodah! Where abouts? I lived there until the age of about 24, still have Mum and Dad and lots of friends there. It has changed considerably, but there are still some beautiful, beautiful areas!

    #53292
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Vickster 33200 wrote:

    Oh my goodness Doodah! Where abouts? I lived there until the age of about 24, still have Mum and Dad and lots of friends there. It has changed considerably, but there are still some beautiful, beautiful areas!

    On the old Singleton Farm Estate. This was over 50 years ago! My first day at School was at beaver Green Infants. I have been back many times and still have family and friends in Kent. It has changed beyond recognition but if you go a bit further out, you have Great Chart, Tenterden, Bethersden and of course, Pluckly and Smarden! Writing this has made me feel all homesick!

    Doodah x

    #53321
    Vickster
    Member

    Ah just up the road from my Mum and Dad then! They have lived in the same house on a little road just off Brookfield Road for over fifty years!
    You are right, there are some beautiful villages just outside of Ashford, I grew up spending every Saturday at my Grandparents in Charing, just beautiful!

    #53293
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Ah Charing. Such a beautiful place, along with Great Chart and Little Chart. I haven’t been back for a couple of years so I must put that right this summer.

    Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Vickster!

    Doodah x

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media