Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Hello fellow wls people!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vichunter

Hi all
    I’ve just joined your fantastic forum. I’m 4 days past banding and have been addicted to reading all the threads during my recuperation. You all know soooo much!
    One thread I read that I have a question on, but can’t find anymore, was from another newbie – Adam, re post op diet. I had my band done at thg, dalton park, and have been given a fluids only diet for two weeks, with some shakes and thin soups. I am following this without too much difficulty so far, but the weight is really falling off. Hope it’s nothing to worry about 🙂 I noticed a comment that 2 weeks fluid is unusual?
    Anyway, looking forward to sharing your journeys!
    Vix

hides

Hello vix
    Welcome, i had my band done mid oct last year…. (that seems strange to write…. Last year ) anyway, i had a different pre-op diet to most of the people on this site, so i would stick to what you’ve been told. I think there must be 2or3 different approaches.
    I lost 12lbs before, and i’m now at 2stone, 4lbs. Slow and steady……. Mind you i have to start with the exercise now. Not my favourite thing, but i know this will help, set myself half a stone per month…….
    I wish you well, please keep posting.
    Heidi.

Vichunter

Thank Hides. Really amazing to hear that you have lost 32lbs in 3 months! Hope it works for me the same way.
    I’m with you on the exercise, but a necessary component I think!
    Speak soon
    Vix

luckyflower

Hi and welcome Vix, I agree follow the advice you have been given. I also didn’t like exercise but am getting into it if for nothing else than to try to tone up as i hope to get less loose skin. I do know from on here that it often makes no difference but got to give it a try.
    I had bypass not band but agree this is a great place for advice – welcome again.

SallyB

Hello! Post band op I had 2 weeks of liquid , 2 weeks of mushy then onto solids. I tools to soft solids 2 weeks after the op so took it easy. I had my op on the 11th December and am struggling to be good before I have my first band fill! Anyone have any advice? I started everything at 19st 10 and am now 18st 4.
    Thanks!
    Sal.

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome to the big losers club! I had a bypass but I know lots of bandsters. I would alwyas follow what your team have given you. I followed my post op instructions to the absolute letter and it worked brilliantly. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media