Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Hello Everyone im a new to this site

Home » Topics » Welcome to Streamline Surgical » Introductions to Weight Loss Chat Forum » Hello Everyone im a new to this site

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Blue Staffy

Hi everyone.
    My name is Mark im 4 weeks post-op i have only lost nearly 2 stone so im a bit slow.
    i had my op on the 30th of april 2012 at Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield my op was carried out by Mr R Akroyd.
    Im looking forward to chating to people in the same boat as me cause they will understand whats what. im looking for ideas as what to eat cause im pritty usless at that kind of thing.
    Anyway hope to make some friends and chat to some of you on here.
    Regards Mark:smile:

lornaburg
    Blue Staffy wrote:
    Hi everyone.
    My name is Mark im 4 weeks post-op i have only lost nearly 2 stone so im a bit slow.
    i had my op on the 30th of april 2012 at Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield my op was carried out by Mr R Akroyd.
    Im looking forward to chating to people in the same boat as me cause they will understand whats what. im looking for ideas as what to stone eat cause im pritty usless at that kind of thing.
    Anyway hope to make some friends and chat to some of you on here.
    Regards Mark:smile:

hi

I had my op the same day as you, Mark, and I’ve only lost 1 stone 8 lbs including my post op diet. Two stone is a lot so don’t be disappointed. If you’d lost more than that in 4 weeks it would surely be bad for you so don’t think of yourself as slow!

Lorna

Blue Staffy
    lornaburg wrote:
    hi

I had my op the same day as you, Mark, and I’ve only lost 1 stone 8 lbs including my post op diet. Two stone is a lot so don’t be disappointed. If you’d lost more than that in 4 weeks it would surely be bad for you so don’t think of yourself as slow!

Lorna

Hi Lorna
    I think my loss is same as you approx I think reading some threads on here will help me to put things into perspective. Thank you for replying

Hi mark I think that is a fantastic weight loss well done to you. It is better coming off slowly (which I think the two stone loss is not slow at all) it gives your skin time to catch up.

janie123

What op did you have?

Blue Staffy

I have had the gastric bypass

Nettie

Welcome Mark,

You will find some fantastic support on here and everyone is very friendly, you are doing so well in just 2 months.

Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Mark

Two stone weight loss is absolutely phenominal! I lost a stone a month so you are way ahead of what is recommended as an achievable goal (2lbs a week)

Like all the others have said, this is a super friendly place where practically everyone will have experienced almost identical worries as you and will be more than happy to help.

Look forward to hearing all about your journey in the future.

Doodah x

Blue Staffy

I’m prob just expecting to much lol I feel tired all the time but I have read on here that it’s normal. I’m wondering if anyone any ideas for what I can eat I’m having soups crackabread with soft low fat cheese and cottage cheese and dinners.

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

I’ve just deleted two posts because the Facebook logo keeps appearing????

What they said was that you can find loads of yummy recipes in our ‘Carol the Cook’ section here on the forum via her cookbooks.

rickiedoo

I had a sleeve done 2 weeks ago and have already lost 2 stone…… Which is worrying me a little as this seems alot in such a short time

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

@rickiedoo 23939 wrote:

I had a sleeve done 2 weeks ago and have already lost 2 stone…… Which is worrying me a little as this seems alot in such a short time

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Hi Rickie

Don’t worry hon. Sleeve patients lose weight very quickly in the initial stages. It will soon level out to a more ‘normal’ one if you follow the guidlines given to you.

However, if at any time you feel things are not as they should be, phone your team to get some reassurance – it’s what they are there for!! Well done on your loss so far. Most people will be thinking ‘Lucky so and so!!’

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media