Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Hello

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ganny
    Participant

Hi All, been a little while since I have been on here and I feel as I have neglected you all but I have been sooooo busy just recently not doing a lot but just enjoying life and being healthy. My reactive hypo-glycemia is now under control and I have once again been discharged by St Richards, I am controlling it by diet and tablets but the consultant I saw reassures me I won’t need to take them for ever as my body adjusts to the amazing weight loss it will hopefully right itself. The new low GI diet I am following has kick started my weight loss again and I can now say I am half the women I was in March 2012, I have lost half my body weight at just over 12 stones and I am still loosing, can’t believe it, I am now nearly down to 11 stone something, think the last time I was that weight I was around 10 years old. I am just back from the hairdresser’s and for the first time in two years she has had to thin my hair again, so I now know that my hair is back to its normal self. Next Friday I fly out to Germany for a short break with the family and I don’t think this time I will need to ask for a seat belt extension which will save that embrassment.
    I will say I seemed to have swopped my obsession with food with another obsession and that is exercise. This is from a woman who hated the word exercise, now I swim at least twice a week, walk/jog 10k every other day, do at at least 100 sit up every day and when it is wet and I can’t get out you will find me doing 10k on my exercise bike, I am sure I had a head transplant along with my gastric bypass, I just love life. I was given a second chance of life when my lovely GP put me forward for this op and the lovely Mr John agreed to do it for me, I will thank them for the rest of my life, it was the BEST decission I have ever made and I don’t regret having it.
    So all of you who are starting out on the roller coaster of this journey I wish you all the happiness and luck in the world, grab life by the horns and if you don’t abuse the chance you have been given you will have a lovely time, work with the band/bypass and you will see and get the results you want and just enjoy living.
    Elaine xx

treeza

What a lovely positive, inspiring message. Thank you. I’m due to have bypass pass surgery in just under 6 weeks & you message has made me even more certain I’m doing the right thing!

Thank you once again
    T :0)x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Ganny 28725 wrote:

Hi All, been a little while since I have been on here and I feel as I have neglected you all but I have been sooooo busy just recently not doing a lot but just enjoying life and being healthy. My reactive hypo-glycemia is now under control and I have once again been discharged by St Richards, I am controlling it by diet and tablets but the consultant I saw reassures me I won’t need to take them for ever as my body adjusts to the amazing weight loss it will hopefully right itself. The new low GI diet I am following has kick started my weight loss again and I can now say I am half the women I was in March 2012, I have lost half my body weight at just over 12 stones and I am still loosing, can’t believe it, I am now nearly down to 11 stone something, think the last time I was that weight I was around 10 years old. I am just back from the hairdresser’s and for the first time in two years she has had to thin my hair again, so I now know that my hair is back to its normal self. Next Friday I fly out to Germany for a short break with the family and I don’t think this time I will need to ask for a seat belt extension which will save that embrassment.
    I will say I seemed to have swopped my obsession with food with another obsession and that is exercise. This is from a woman who hated the word exercise, now I swim at least twice a week, walk/jog 10k every other day, do at at least 100 sit up every day and when it is wet and I can’t get out you will find me doing 10k on my exercise bike, I am sure I had a head transplant along with my gastric bypass, I just love life. I was given a second chance of life when my lovely GP put me forward for this op and the lovely Mr John agreed to do it for me, I will thank them for the rest of my life, it was the BEST decission I have ever made and I don’t regret having it.
    So all of you who are starting out on the roller coaster of this journey I wish you all the happiness and luck in the world, grab life by the horns and if you don’t abuse the chance you have been given you will have a lovely time, work with the band/bypass and you will see and get the results you want and just enjoy living.
    Elaine xx

Hi Elaine

How lovely to hear from you again!

Thank you SO, SO much for sharing this wonderfully positive post with us all. It proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that if you grab the opportunity to improve/save your life with both hands, miraculous changes can occur. You are a true inspiration. You have worked hard and have been rewarded the health improvements you wanted so much.

Hope you have a fab time in Germany (one of my favourite destinations along with Austria) and that your new healthy life continues forever. Isn’t that what we all wish for?

Auf Wiedersehen for now 😉

doodah x

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Teeza,
    I must say the op is best thing I have ever done for me, it has given me my life back, no change that it has given me a life to look forward to. You will have days when you will think why have I done this but work through them and think of the end result it is so worth it. It is not an easy option and it doesn’t mean that you will never have to watch what you eat again because that ain’t true, it is only a tool that you have been given, work with it. I was always big right from when I was a baby, my mum said to my partner when we first met if you wanted a thin lady you haven’t got one in Elaine she will never be thin, just wish she could see me now, I still can’t believe that when I look in the mirror that it is me I am looking at, but it is and even more so that I can now slip into a pair of size 16 jeans when two years ago a size 32 was a struggle to get into, in fact this morning I was thinking these jeans are getting a little big on me but the thought of buying a size 14 is mind blowing.
    Good luck with your op and let us know how you get on.
    Elaine x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Size 14 is like the holy grail isn’t it haha! Anything past that is almost inconceivable but many get there!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media