Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Heads up on another scam doing the rounds

Home » Topics » General Section » General Chat, Games & celebrations. » Heads up on another scam doing the rounds

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi all

Just wanted to post a quick warning of another scam doing the rounds.

The other day my 87 year old father in law got a parcel delivered by Royal Mail, when he opened it he found a nice new mobile phone with a pre filled out contract, which had some of is details, name and address and phone number but things like date of birth and banking details where wrong. Good job I was there when it arrived, within about half an hour of it’s arrival he got a phone call from someone (not going to say where his accent said he was from ) my phone had been delivered to you by accident and I will send the delivery driver back to you to collect it. Obviously I smelt a Scam from the off and reported it to the phone company and the police. He had another 6 calls from the scammers trying to get the phone of him, but he held out and they eventually stopped calling once they knew the Police had been called.

Just a heads up for anyone out there that thinks they have just won a new phone.

Remember the documentation is in your name so you will be held accountable if you give it to the scammer or try to keep it your self.

Be on your guard

Paul

Gosh how terrible thanks for letting us know x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thanks for this Paul. There are some unimaginably dreadful people in the world.

Doodah x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media