Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Have i got a problem or is this normal ?????????

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    traceyann17

Hi Everyone

I am 4 weeks post op today, and have lost 18kgs already !! BUT !!

I cannot seem to eat or drink very much.

I manage about 5 cups of tea throughout the day and maybe half a glass of milk plus 1 orange juice lolly and thats about it.

Everytime I try and have anything slightly thicker it seems to stick and will not go down.

I have been sick several times now even on soup !!!!

I keep trying soup or porridge/weetabix but only manage about 2-3 TEASPOONS and feel sick.

I take metaclopramide tablets 3 times a day for sickness etc and my blood pressure is not too good.

Has anyone heard of The Hospital Group???

Well I have ordered CliniKcal Shakes and also Multivitamin Drinks from them to try and get something in me as all I have had is fluid since my op.
    I have bought these as I am getting concerned regarding my weight loss and also lack of nutrients, vitamins and calium in my body.

I feel very weak and seem to lose my balance very easily at the moment.

APART FROM THAT I’M NOT TOO BAD LOL

Any advise would be greatfully appreciated.

Hope you all are well

Take care

Hace a good weekend.

Luv

Tracey:wave:

ruby tuesday

Dear TraceyAnn,

Congrats on the weight loss! I havn’t had the op but think from what I have read that a few teaspoons per meal is normal in the early stages and what causes the drastic weight loss, as difficult as it must be. It is good you can keep fluid down and will be avoiding dehydration, and if your tea has milk in, does that mean you might be able to keep just yoghurt down even though your cereal comes back up? What about a stock cube drink, for the salt and vitamins? Wiser people than me will no doubt pick up your post on here soon and advise you, but I wonder if you have checked with the dietician, especially before taking any protein type drinks, as some of them are high in sugar and cause dumping? You may have looked into that already, in which case don’t think I am interfering! Wishing you well, and think the weakness is normal too as you have not eaten for so long! xx

ruby tuesday

Hmm, just checked on external sites and think 100g of sloppy food that runs off the spoon per meal is normal at 4wks, progressing to lumpier puree, so perhaps you should look into this with the bariatric team, as that equates to a few tablespoons, but you may just be healing slowly xx

traceyann17

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

traceyann17

I have tried yogurt, bovril etc you name it I’ve tried it

The first little bit makes me heave I just gag when it slides down my throat and just sits at what I presume is the entrance to the stomach.

The shakes and drinks I have ordered are for pre and post gastric bypass patients. They have been specially made by this hospital for bariatric patients.

Even the thought of food makes me heave to be honest. Dont know what else to say really.

But thank u so much for your concern and advise

Take care

Luv

Tracey
    XxxxxX

Emily.p

Hi

Dont worry your normal it just takes time and before you know you will be at the point where you can eat a whole weetabix! My eating has only just started to get easy so don’t worry you will get there just don’t rush it and make sure what you do eat is good for you not just because it’s easy.

Emily

miss missy

hi.i no somebody that had the same problem and she thought it was normal till she went for her 6 week check and told them.dont think its right.havnt seen her since but heard she had to have another op to widen something(sorry.not sure wot)hope this helps.phone theteam if i were you.xxxx

traceyann17

I went back to see the surgeon approx 10 days ago and he is very apprehensive about putting a camera down at the moment because it was a really difficult op for him with me. Put the list back nearly 3 hours. Trust me !!!!

Ive spoken to his secretary and she will let him know but I’ve got my 1st check up on 26th May so probably wait till then tbh

It just feels like there is virtually no opening into the stomach if u get me

Luv

Tracey

miss missy

sounds awful.bless you.theyll def get something sorted out cos you cant have that forever.its just not right.youll waste away to nothing.xxx

traceyann17

Lol on my god I haven’t been that slim in 35 years. :-o)

My hubby won’t know me he he he xx

No I think I might have a problem but gonna keep n keep trying. X

miss missy

best of luck and keep us posted.will be keeping a lookout to how your doing.xxx

ruby tuesday

Hi TraceyAnn,

Glad you had some other replies, been thinking of you, hope you can get this sorted, and clearly you have already done all you can, so no suggestions appropriate, just wishing you are soon able to eat. best wishes x

Fenella

How are you now Tracey Ann? Hope you’re feeling better…..
    Fee

Irene

Hi Traceyann
    Sorry things aren’t going so well for you. I would suggest you get back on to the team and ask for and appointment before26th as that is still 10 days away.
    Hope things settle down soon

Ms Ellie

Hi there traceyann sorry to hear that you have been having a few problems there but if you are worried at any time just give your medical team a call, here’s hoping that by the time you read this all will have sorted itself out.

Good luck Ellie xxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media