Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Has your relationship changed due to wls ?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hides

Watching Fat Surgeons last night, a question came up regarding the break up of Daves relationship. This got me thinking….. Has wls changed your relationship ? For the good, for the bad ?

Heidi.

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Heidi

Good question, I can honestly my marriage, of 31 years is better than ever, we’re talking, I have the confidence to voice my opinions and he’s listening to me, not that he didn’t before but it didn’t feel like he was, if that makes sense, oh and dont’ tell any one but the sex life is better as well, but that’s between you and me lol ……

How about you Heidi ….

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Heidi,
    As WLS surgery changed my relationship, yep I guess it has. I have more confidence like Lesley to voice my opinions and I am not afraid to do so now, I am not the fat partner in the corner any longer and the fact that I have more energy and get and go has helped well me anyway lol. My partner (we are not married) is disabled so I am his full time carer and we live as brother and sister ( we have seperate bedrooms) in as much that there is no pyshical contact between us but how do I say this there is a special someone in my life that is definately benefitting from my weight loss and added confidence but that is just between us, wink, wink , nudge, nudge say nomore lol.

Elaine x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Elaine

You’re secret is safe with us.

xxxxx

78rpm

I have to say that I am a better nicer more positive person since my op this has been highlighted to me by my wife and work collegues so all good!

rgds

Jay

Lauren
    Keymaster

I have been with my husband for 33 years and married for 30 of those in October. I can honestly say that it hasn’t really made any difference at all.

My husband is the love of my life and I am lucky enough to be his. He loved me fat /slim/rich/poor/healthy/sick and always will. I guess I’m just one of the lucky ones. I’ve never been afraid to voice my opinions with anyone and I never hid myself away. I was only ever held back by my physical limitations. I still am to some extent (asthma, arthritis etc..) but at least I’m not dying of them now!

So, I can’t tell you how much it delights me to hear that so many of you have found a new spark in your relationships and, by the same token, that some of you have found the courage and confidence to break free from ones that were’nt working.

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media