Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Happy New Year!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi guys.

Firstly, Happy New Year to you all!

How did the festive season go for you? I hope you all had a wonderful time.

So, here we are again – a new year and a nice clean slate to start again or, for the first time.

I don’t make resolutions as I think they can put too much pressure on me. Instead, I set small goals for myself throughout the year. Having said that, last year’s goal was not to buy any shoes for a YEAR! Yep, you heard it, a whole year. Well, I did it. And the funny thing is, that, even though the self-imposed, shoe-buying ban is over, I don’t feel the need to buy them anymore.

The year before that, I gave up sugar in my tea. I’m not going to lie folks, that was HARD. I longed for a nice, strong, hot sweet cup of tea every single morning for months and months. Then on Christmas Day, my brother in law made me a brew and forgot I don’t have sugar anymore (after 56 years of having it) so I took a nice big sip – it was foul. It really surprised the heck out of me.

What I am trying to say, is that small goals are every bit as valid as the more important ones. I wasn’t going to die if I gave up buying shoes yet the satisfaction I got from it was immense. I had tried to give up sugar in my tea every year since I became an adult with no success. BUT, this last time, I took it one day at a time. I told myself that if I failed again, I would simply start over. I quietly congratulated myself at the end of every day that I managed to keep away from sweet tea. I tried different beverages and have found a new love for coffee and herbal teas.

Anyway, I just want you all to know that you can do anything if you give yourself realistic expectations, ask for help and just keep podding away at it. I never, ever thought in a million years that I would give up sugar in my tea. It took me the best part of my life (I have been drinking it since I was one year old) to finally realise that almost every success takes time – sometimes lots of it.

Whatever it is you want to change this year, I will be right here cheering you on. There is nothing as fulfilling in life as seeing someone fight for something and winning!

Here’s to a happy, healthy and successful 2017!

Doodah x

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media