Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Hair loss !!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ebaa

Aaargh I’m moulting !!!! I didn’t realise it would be this bad I’ve cut my hair short thinking it would help – WRONG !!! Has anybody got any suggestions ??? On the plus side had a check at the hospital lost 5 & a half stones & off to my 1 st circuit training session this evening (something I could never even have considered before wls) – wish me luck !!! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

Good luck with the circuit training! Could you ever have imagined before surgery that you would be telling us about it?!

As for the hair, it really will stop falling out. After a trauma (which major surgery is!) your body stops concentrating on anything that isn’t absolutely essential. Unfortunately, hair is one of those things. I lost quite a bit which is why I too had mine fairly short. however, I had really thick hair to start with. Try asking your pharmacist for help regarding supplements etc – ones that are specific for hair growth/health. It’s quite distressing to see your hair on the floor after brushing it but it will start to grow back.

I found that as my face got thinner, it actually made my hair look thicker!! I know that sounds ridiculous, but it was like an optical illusion lol! You can buy thickening mouse and good shampoos to help with that side of it too.

Ojon Volume Advance

Lots of my friends use this. Expensive but effective. There are cheaper alternatives

Hope all this rambling helps!!

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Lauren.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by clare.williams.
    Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I am nearly 18months post bypass and I was lucky to start with as I had really thick hair but my hair fell out by the handful, my hairdresser said I ended up with normal peoples thickness lol. It has now stopped falling out and is growing back again, and my hairdresser now laughs at my little tuffty bits, it is regaining its thickness at the bits I keep short but the bits that frame my face still get a little wispy but are beginninig to thicken, she has actually had to thin the short bits out, so hold in there it will get better and the way I looked at it, it is a small price to pay (that you know will return) for loosing weight and becoming healthy.
    Elaine xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Well said Elaine. We were both at an advatntage by having really thick hair to start with though. That makes us incredibly lucky – except when I’m having my roots done and it takes 2 people 2 hours to ‘weave’ them and they always have to get more foils and colour. Fortunately, I am not expected to pay more ;-))

Doodah x

Ganny
    Participant

That is why my hairdresser quite liked me having thinner hair didn’t take as long to do my hair, but the time it takes is slowly getting back to normal and the foils are growing more again, I must say I have missed my thick hair, don’t like my wispy bits but as I said small price to pay for being healthy and my hair is getting back to normal.
    Elaine xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Agree entirely Elaine – very small price to pay as is constantly being cold!! Well, sometimes it’s almost unbearable but I’d never go back ;-))

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

I started to loose hair at about 3 months, but it just about stopped by 5 months, protein levels where fine during this period though. It’s all stopped now.

Paul

ebaa

Thankyou everyone I’m lucky that I also have thick hair just shocked by how much us coming out but as you all say a small price to pay !!! I’m pleased to announce that I survived my 1st circuit class – just about – I must be mad I’ve booked again for Thursday night – of I can walk again by then !!! Thanks again for all your support x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Well done on surviving the circuit class!! Could you ever have imagined looking forward to it before surgery??! Fab isn’t it?

Doodah x

ebaa

Omg !!! I may have survived it last night but today I can hardly walk or lift my arms !!!!!! But as they say no pain no gain n these wobbly bits ain’t gonna tone themselves !!! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

LOL! It’ll all be worth it in the end x

brown69owl

I am 5 months post Gastric Bamd , lost 4 stone 5 pound and feel SO much better but I am losing a lot of hair , always had really thick hair and always moaned about it but hate that losing hair , scare it will all fall out !!!!

Jackie

ebaa

Mine does seemed to have slowed down a bit now – thankgod !!!! I had mine cut short and coloured a bit darker than I normally would and it gives an illusion that its a bit thicker also looks healthier as its shiny too !!! X

shelleymarie

Mines coming out fast now too. Unfortunately it seems to be mainly at the front. No bald patches but I can see the difference. I’m taking sea kelp and using protein shampoos but nothing helping at the mo, oh well I know it will slow down and hopefully stop eventually x

Lauren
    Keymaster

It’s just one of those things that we have to put up with I’m afraid. It does grow back eventually though. It’s your body’s way of dealing with the ‘trauma’ of surgery.

If you have some spare cash (yeah right!) treat yourself to some hairpieces. QVC do some excellent ones 😉

http://www.qvcuk.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-2&storeId=10252&catalogId=10152&keyword=ken+paves&x=32&y=11

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media