Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Hair loss – part 4

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    scpayne76

How long am I likely to keep losing my hair? It’s been about 3 months (from the 6 month mark)
    Thank you

Whitey

Hi My hair loss went on for well over 12 months after my op. I think everyone is different. I sometimes think I am losing more hair than normal but my hairdresser tells me it is normal to lose up to 100 hairs a day. A clever haircut can help the hair appear thicker. I think the advice is to make sure you have the correct vitamin intake and a healthy diet. I think the best thing to remember is that I don’t think there are many bald WLS patients.

scpayne76

Thank you. I’ve been lucky as to others it’s not noticeable but to me it’s really bad. I wouldn’t change it for the world as I’m so much healthier and happier

treeza

Hi there everyone is different but mine lasted up until about 18 months post surgery but had slowed up before then. I was advised to take more zinc & I felt it helped but who knows if it was just going to improve on its own. I still will suddenly start losing again & it’s usually if my protein intake has gone down x I found fibrology by loreal help with body so looks thicker. It will return. My hairdresser says mines back to normal. Thankfully I have loads of hair!!! xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@scpayne76 34143 wrote:

How long am I likely to keep losing my hair? It’s been about 3 months (from the 6 month mark)
    Thank you

Everyone is different of course, but in general, it can take up to a year. If you are older or have an existing medical condition, it can take even longer.

I know it is upsetting to ‘lose’ some hair but you have to keep telling yourself that it is only temporary. There are many thickening shampoos/products available and make sure you keep up with your vitamin and mineral supplements. I lost quite a bit of hair in the beginning but my hair is so thick that no one noticed except me.

It has all grown back now and is causing me problems in other areas – now need an industrial hairdryer to get it done faster as holding up the big, old dryer I have currently makes my arms and neck ache!

Some people use it as a time to experiment with their hair – trying out new styles and colours. I did the same – went blonder and grew it longer. Some people have gone for massive changed of colour like pink and purple, or have had a short, pixie cut. I can totally understand it – new you, new everything!

Hope you get your hair back to how you like it soon but in the meantime, maybe have a word with your hairdresser for tips? they probably spend a good part of their day helping hair to look thicker and healthier.

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media