Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Had surgery but unable to do bypass

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Had surgery but unable to do bypass

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ANN410

hi all , as promised my update, had my surgery on Wednesday, unfortunately due to unforeseen problem it was not safe to carry on with my bypass, it was discovered i have Situs inversus totalis, a complete reversal of all my origins and heart, Mr Tim John did my surgery, my emotions are all over the place at the mo to say the least, saw Guy Slater yesterday, feel reassured that it is possible for me to have bypass, so back to waiting game for me . one thing i would like to say is the staff were fantastic , i felt the right decision was made and fingers crossed i will join you on the losers bench.

Ms Ellie

Good morning Ann I am so very sorry that Tim John was unable to carry out your bypass as planned, I can’t imagine how you must be feeling right now. On a positive note mr Tim John for whatever the reason felt he could not go ahead with the bypass with your health and well being in mind and to me that counts for a lot in my book!

Ok you’ve seen mr slater and he’s has assured you that bypass can go ahead that’s great news for sure, you may have to wait a while but at least the decisions made were for your benefit.

Ann if you need any support please feel free to pm at any time.

Good luck much love Ellie xxxx

ANN410

thanks Ellie.. fingers crossed after looking through my notes mr sommers and mr slater feel that they can do the bypass on me .

mandyl

@ANN410 15370 wrote:

thanks Ellie.. fingers crossed after looking through my notes mr sommers and mr slater feel that they can do the bypass on me .

and mr slater is the best! ok im biast lol x

Irene

Hi Ann

So sorry you didn’t get your bypass done.
    Now I feel even more guilty not getting in to see you on Wednesday or Thursday. Unfortunately my Dad was taken into hospital in Glasgow and I was sitting by the phone and getting a case organised in case I had to go up there.
    I know you will get your emotions back in check soon and you will have your surgery before too long.
    Take care and take it easy.
    If I can be of any help just call.

Fenella

Oh how frustrating but so much better to be safe. That must be quite unusual. You’re not an identical twin are you? The only other person I know with this is a ‘mirror’ twin so one has the organs on one side and one on the other so they are mirror images. I’m sure you will be glad in the end that they will do your op in full knowledge of what they are about to encounter. I’m surprised it has not be found before when listening to your heart even at the GP!

ANN410

Got my phone call today , shaw Somers is going to do my bypass or sleeve 3rd oct fingers toes crossed it gets done this time ,

Pinkdancer

Thanks is great news – well done for sticking with it and your determination to getthis done. Just shows what great stuff you’re made of 🙂

Anonymous

You have had more than your share of hurdles and upsets….. so now were looking for business…..
    So glad you have perservered and progressed…

All good things… and all that.

Pleased you have a date and praying something comes to enlighten you lol…

All the best, I am really pleased for you…..

buzz x

ANN410

Thank you buzz and pink dancer , x

ruby tuesday

Just read your news, so glad this is finally going to be possible for you, and wish you all the very best. xx

Pietre

Well done, Glad you got the result you wanted. Hope it all goes well for you. Mine is the 22nd Sept. It seems such a long time since we met at the assesment in Chichester.

ANN410

Not long before you start your milk diet , it was not to bad , I only had to do 7 days so hopefully i will only have to do 7 this time round , good luck with your op in September x x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Brilliant news Ann. Well done you for never giving up. It shows how determined you are which will influence your success in a majorly positive way

Doodah x

78rpm

great ending to this part of the journey and looking forward to you starting the next part 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media