Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Had gastric band fitted yesterday

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    joanne21

Hi Everybody,

Thank you for all your kind messages. All went well with my op yesterday, i came home last night. I’am a bit sore today and i am really suffering with the trapped wind, have been taking wind eze and went for a walk today which helped i’m sure it will pass. Haven’t really felt like i want to eat yet but i did manage to get 4 teaspoons of soup inside me along with sips of fluid. I lost 8lb on the milk diet i did for 7 days pre-op so i am on the start of my journey of a healthier me.

Joxx

Nettie

Well done Jo and welcome back, take it easy and recover well xx

luckyflower

Well done hope you feel better soon. Mint tea helps with wind, as well as walking.

pgoldsmith

Well done, keep waking and try sipping drinks that helped for me, I feel ur pain I am only 4wks post op, am now 100 percent, this uncomfortable stage does not last long

Paul

johncg

Hi Jo

As Paul and everyone else have said the wind will pass I found it worse in the evenings, when you learn to burp that helps to its instant relief…..
    Keep us updated on your progress

Love John xxxx

ruby tuesday

Welcome back home and good to hear all went well. Wind is a bugger initially I know, but it will pass, so take it easy and heal. xx

joanne21

Hi,

Feeling so much better today. My wind has gone and i am so much more comfortable. I have slight lower back pain where i have been sat funny to stop my tummy aching but apart from that i can’t believe how good i feel. My only concern is that i have just been able to eat a whole oats so simple packet and don’t fill over full……….does this sound right? this is only my 3rd day post op!!

Jo xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Wind does pass *snigger* but it can be hugely uncomfortable. Glad to hear everything went as it should. Budge up everyone – another friend needs a place on the loser’s bench 😉

Doodah x

ruby tuesday

Jo, re the oats so simple, not sure what the quantity you ate was, but everyone is a bit different, op tailored to them, so if it hasn’t come back up and you felt well, then no doubt the amount was ok! Stick to ramkins initially to ensure your portion sizes are correct and you will be fine, and remember the half and hour before and after food before drinking to ensure you don’t stretch the pouch. So glad wind has eased and you feel well. xx

hides

Hi jo.
    I was 1 of the lucky ones, i did get wind, but was very unlady like about it…. If you get my drift. Was never really in any pain, i stopped the paracetamol on day 2. But do take it , if you need too, as we are all different.

I am 3weeks post op, as you know, and i have NEVER had the full feeling. I was having 4 small meals a day, for the first week, so breakfast was 2/3 tablespoons of ready brek and then soup. On day 4 i added mashed pot and gravy for 1 meal, and just went from there. I was told if you eat lots you can stretch what as been done. But i was also told this wasn’t true…… So i guess it’s down to judgement, with alittle willpower thrown in….lol

You wont get that full feeling, cos your band is just sat there, and really doesn’t work till the fills start happening. God listen to me, sound like i know it all…… I dont, and please anyone correct anything i’ve said that may be wrong. At the end of the day, you are feeling good, managing your discomfort, your scars are healing, and you have support all around……… So it’s all good my friend.

Best wishes
    Heidi. X

johncg

Hi Jo,

When my band was fitted for 2 to 3 weeks I just didn’t feel hungry at all, I was told that the band sits a little higher than in the past, by doing this it ain’t on or near a nerve that tell the brain your not hungry or not thinking of food….. I had to force myself to eat, although I was complaining….

I soon started to eat at a near regular time as possible, mainly fresh fish veg and fruit…

I still eat much of the same, I also have a supply of slimfast shakes and snacks….

After my first fill I had a lot of restriction and although my intake was small it got smaller… I have just today had my second fill and back on tomato soup for a day of two along with my slimfast stash….

But most of all I have exercised nearly every day… Swimming fast walking uphill etc… Bit of cycling…. So less intake more exercise equals weight loss…

My body thinks my throat has been cut, no fatty food or beer at all….

Keep going Jo Jo.

Live John xxxx

joanne21

Evening all,

Thanks Heidi and John for your advice. Feel really well today,its the first day i have been able to sort the kids out my self and not needed my lovely mum to help (she got a day off!!). Made my self have some porridge (3 tablespoons) this morning but really didn’t feel like it then about 11.30am my tummy was rumbling so i had half a tin of tomato soup which went down well. Come 5pm it was at it again so i had the other half a tin! Haven’t felt hungry since. I have to admit that i am not drinking a lot of fluids? is this something i should be doing? I am not very good at it at the best of times and mainly had a drink when i ate something so not feeling hungry i am forgetting to drink.

I must get some slim fast shakes in……great advice john. Glad your second fill went okay…..was it painful?

Jo xx

hides

Hi jo
    So pleased you are feeling good. See, all those worries you had are gone…….lol
    I understand about the drink thing, i have found this part of it very difficult.. I’m a bit of a tea girl, and found because i was only sipping it, it was cold before i’d got throu half of it…… Now it’s much better, but i was drinking 2pints of water when doing liver shrinking, and i maybe only have a pint now, if that. So this is something i have to work on. I like having a drink when i’m eating, so i have found this hard….

You sound like you are doing great, so keep up the good work
    Heidi.

Nettie

Drinking is really inportant, I have to force myself to drink but it is essential when our intake of food is much lower. I know it’s gross but check the colour of your wee, if it is dark or yellow you aren’t drinking nearly enough, it should be almost clear apparently.
    Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Nettie 20441 wrote:

Drinking is really inportant, I have to force myself to drink but it is essential when our intake of food is much lower. I know it’s gross but check the colour of your wee, if it is dark or yellow you aren’t drinking nearly enough, it should be almost clear apparently.
    Nettie xx

Hugely important point. Thanks Nettie x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media