Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Guy slater

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป The Gastric Band operation ยป Guy slater

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Rs82

Hi all I hear shaw summers being mentioned a lot on here but has anyone had the gastric band fitted by guy slater? If so, how was your experience? I am undergoing GB on the 12th April and so would be great to hear some positive feedback about him from someone

R

Gill.T

Hi
    Yes I had a gastric band fitted by Guy Slater in March last year. Fantastic results, so very pleased.
    When I first looked into surgery, I too heard all about Shaw, but when I went to an evening at the Clementine Churchill, when there was a question about bands, Shaw often referred the question to Guy, which made me think maybe I should go with him.
    I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I believe Guy actually does more band surgery than Shaw. Either way, I have been very pleased with my results, and have had no problems post op.
    Wishing you all the best for your surgery next week
    Best wishes
    Gill

Rs82

Aaah thank you so much, you have put my mind to rest!

I am also having mine at the clementine Churchill so cannot wait

How much have you lost so far if you don’t mind me asking and how long were u in for?

What has been the hardest thing fir you to cope with since having the band if you don’t mind me asking? Maybe the pain or eating habit change…?

R

Gill.T

Hi R
    Have private messaged you with my “story” – hope you ind it helpful
    With best wishes
    Gill

Rachmz

Hiya I had my band fitted with guy on the 7 th feb and he is my life saver and so caring aswell! I have my 2nd fill on Monday and so far lost 3st 2lb! X

Rs82

Thanks guys

Another question….were you also given injections to take home after the op which thin your blood?

Iv heard a few people mention them but mr slater never did to me?

R

Rachmz

I didn’t have any x

Gill.T

Hi
    My understanding is that only gastric bypass patients have to inject at home but not bands. (Unless you have high risk to clotting)
    I didn’t have them at home
    Best wishes
    Gill

Rs82

Ooh glad to hear that because I wasn’t looking forward to injecting myself…doesn’t seem like I will be asked to either ๐Ÿ™‚

1 day left before my op…so nervous but excited!

R

ditzeeblonde

I had my bypass by Guy Slater… can rate him highly enough, he’s been amazing! Good luck with yr band. xx

Gill.T

Good luck for tomorrow, wishing you well
    Best wishes
    Gill

Rs82

Guys it’s done…. I had my op at 12.30, was out by 1.20 and have been in and out of a drowsy sleep since!! Am finally up and sipping on water ๐Ÿ™‚

All my fears are gone and my new slim life starts here!

I will keep updates coming but wanted to prove that for those of u due to go in have nothing to worry about…Ur in the best hands ever…team are great!!

Xxxxx

well done
    Guy Slater is a superb surgeon-he removed my gastric band and shaw somers performed by Gastric Bypass
    you are in the ”ROLLS ROYCE” of bariatric teams!
    speedy recovery
    welcome to the losers bench lolxxxx

Goldie

@Rs82 13996 wrote:

Guys it’s done…. I had my op at 12.30, was out by 1.20 and have been in and out of a drowsy sleep since!! Am finally up and sipping on water ๐Ÿ™‚

All my fears are gone and my new slim life starts here!

I will keep updates coming but wanted to prove that for those of u due to go in have nothing to worry about…Ur in the best hands ever…team are great!!

Xxxxx

Wow! Well done you! I had mine on Friday and I could hardly wake up until late in the evening, (let alone string a sentence together!) I’m home and feeling so much better. I have been sleeping with a lot of pillows propping me upright because I’ve found I get a bit sore sleeping flat. Apart from that, I’m improving leaps and bounds each day – I strolled 3 laps around the park this morning.

Here we go! x

Karina

I too had my band fitted on Friday last week and was worried I may have been moving too much but if ur doing walks already I’m good to go! Can’t wait for stitches to be out!! Have u started soft foods yet??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media