Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Greetings from the Streamline Team

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

I just dropped by to say thanks for joining this forum and supporting each other so well. Shaw and I do like to hear your stories. It also helps us to improve our service to meet your needs.

We can’t reply to individual posts but we will try to pop in every so often. Keep up the good work everyone.

Guy Slater

smudger

Hi Guy
    I am new to this site but have folllowed your service with
    great admiration,
    I am seeing Mr Somers on monday 14th at the hampshire clinic, to try and arrange for bypass within the first 10days of january, either by yourself or mr somers,
    I am willing to travel to any of your hospitals for this op, and amconfident in both of your abilitys,
    BMI OF 41, 6FT 1, 22 STONES, Binge eater with only slight high bloodpressure, i really need to be able to participate with my family, 22 year old son with cerebal palsy who needs full personal care, and i am ready for this dramatic change in my life, i have studied this operation for over 3 years now, and it was either here in the uk with professional follow up, or off to belgium with wondering what type of aftercare if any i would recieve,
    i see the price for this operation as non applicapble, but if i did not get it, i would for sure put that money down my throat, thus getting bigger and bigger,
    i am hoping so much that you or mr somers can do this for me in the first 10 days of january 2010,
    typical binge eater all the wrong things, crisps sweets etc, in the last 10 years i have calculated i have lost about 95 kilos but gained about 120kgs, so i do not want it to go on any longer,
    regards dave smith

On behalf of the whole team, I’d like to thank you all for taking the time to post on this new forum. You all know how inspiring these posts can be to others considering or following surgery.

Rest assured that I remain very interested in your progress.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Shaw

Hi Guy
    Wow its amazing to think we can actually TALK (via the forum) to our consultant. Makes it feel more like family! Am looking forward to my bypass (before end March 2010!) so I will see you then!
    All the best
    Julie

mandyl

hi guy
    still drinking and eating a little!
    look after yourself,see you soon. amanda x

On behalf of the whole team, I’d like to thank you all for taking the time to post on this new forum. Never underestimate quite how inspiring these posts can be to others considering or following surgery.

I’ll try to visit the forum as often as I can. Rest assured, we remain very interested in your progress.

Keep up the good work everyone and try to stay away from the crisps and chocolate!

Shaw Somers

Kaz

Hi Guy
    You are doing my op on the 8th Jan.
    Please be gentle with me.
    All the best Karen

Bob

Dear Shaw, great to hear that you are still around following King Ed going down the tubes.
    You did a lovely job on my stomach but long story short the power of my mind caused me to stretch it in order to eat carbs to be able to work hard enough to stay in the job.
    My big toe was amputated, I lost my job, I put on weight and became depressed. Several bottles of Paracetomol and Diazepam failed to end it.
    I think when my first wife divorced me back in 1974 I should have sought psychotherapy or hypnotherapy to get over it, then my self-esteem might not have undone all your excellent work.
    I probably need a gastric band now, but I’m not fat enough for the NHS to fund it and I’m forcibly retired and stoney broke. I think I’m probably happy enough to keep trying, but I can’t sleep due to arthritis in both shoulders and the rest of me is falling apart. I’m in Andropause which my (female) GP does not recognise and refuses to test for. I got some Andractim gel on the internet a week ago and that seems to help my mood swings and hypogonadism but won’t help my piles (internal) or arthritis, so life could be better. I bought a hypnotherapy CD for improving self-esteem. Maybe it’s not too late.

Bob

By the way, I don’t like to complain but a few years ago I was diagnosed with gallstones. On an ultrasound the loops of intestine looked like stones. They took me into the General Hospital for keyhole surgery (maybe my GP forgot to write the gall bladder removal in my notes) and my heart stopped when they put me under. They got it ticking again and punched 5 holes in me only to discover there was no gall bladder to remove. Several weeks of pain ensued (I think they cracked my sternum trying to make my heart start). It turned out I had macroamylaisaemia (sorry for the spelling) so it appeared I had pancreatitis caused by stones, when I didn’t. Nobody’s perfect.

debs

hi shaw you did my bypass at chichester on july 1st just wanted to say thankyou so much for giving me my life back. hubby and kids say ta for new wife and mum .your amazing best wishes debbie x

sara

I would like to say a big thanks to shaw somers,you did my bypass on the 15 july,and even though it took me a few months to make friends with the bypass,i would’nt change a thing as i got into a size 12 dress today.so am a very happy bunny.xx

liz

hi shaw and guy Just wanted to tell every one what an amaising team you have from the first appointment through to my op two and a half years ago right up to today, we are never forgotten and someone is always there to help. Ive lost 16 stone and have never looked back and am always grateful to you all for everything you have done for me. For anyone considering this sort of treatment as long as you have the determanation and really want it theres no desission to make just what date you want it done, dont put it off your life starts NOW!!! keep up the good work guys I love you all. xxx

Maureen

Hi Guy,

Just wanted to say how much of a difference the op you did on me has made to my life.

I have lost 2lbs away from 7st in 10 months which is far more than you and I expected, because of my lack of mobility. I can now walk short distances and on my good days can do a short walk round big stores which I have not been able to do for 4-5 years instead of using disabled electric trolleys, I went yesterday to a supermarket store and bought my first fleece off the peg. I couldn’t wait to get home and “Whoweeeeee” it fitted. There is nothing to beat that feeling of success!!!

Also since the op I have started up a support group in Eastbourne as I felt I needed to talk to others who had the same op, but could not get to our nearest support group in Shoreham. We have informal meetings and last Wednesday had our first xmas dinner together. We have become a group of friends where we exchange information and help each other. I would never have started the group before the op but can only say that I have now found some really good friends which I did not have before and now feel more positive about life.

Good luck with this site and thanks again to you and the rest of the team at Chichester. I hope you all have a lovely Christmas.

Best wishes
    Maureen

1debs

Hello can you please please help me, I had a gastric bypass operation done in 1998. The operation went well , then i fell pregnant i had a lot of problems throughout the operation but went onto successfully have a little boy even though he was very prem. I had terrible time with the gastric operation while pregnant so much so i started to put weight on serverly so much so im now 22stone and i past desperate measures. Im a single parent work part time ive re-approached the doctor who did the operation to be told he wasnt intrested as he had advised me not to have a baby. It was an accident but i could not kill a life even though my weight is now killing me. My son needs me he as no one else in his life , i would give everything and anything to have this operation under taken again, even used a genee pig, a publicity venture, anything please please help me i can be contacted on 0121 580 4855 best regards ONE DESPERATE SINGLE MOM

Ms Ellie

Happy new year to you and all the team, cant wait for my appointment to come through.

Arrivederci!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media