Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Going Private

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kelsa2uk

Hi all,
    I have decided to go privately to have my gastric band as I was told by my Drs that because I don’t have any other health problems apart from weight, I will not be eligible in the NHS which is fine by me. I put on my weight and therefore I should pay to lose it.
    I have my consultation in a few weeks and am really looking forward to it. I am taking a positive step towards being healthy again. I have recently lost 5.5 stone through a mixture of weight watchers and slimming world, but I can’t get the last 4-5 stone off myself and need help. I’ve tried diet pills, crash diets, the lot. I do exercise and I’ve noticed my body toning up but it’s just not doing as much as I need at the moment.
    Is anyone else in the same shoes? I have been thinking about this now for a long time and it’s finally time to take the steps to being a better me.
    Thanks 🙂

Daniegant

Have private messaged you x

Kimberly
    Participant

Well you done really well losing 5.5 stone that’s amazing you should be really proud that’s amazing . It’s really sad your doctor isn’t being helpful seeing you done so much already . I think it’s great that your continuing your fight to get heathy . When your appointment for your band ? So you know who your surgeon is ?

kelsa2uk
    Kimberly wrote:
    Well you done really well losing 5.5 stone that’s amazing you should be really proud that’s amazing . It’s really sad your doctor isn’t being helpful seeing you done so much already . I think it’s great that your continuing your fight to get heathy . When your appointment for your band ? So you know who your surgeon is ?

My doctors surgery are really unhelpful and really have not tried to help me lose weight. They just told me to eat less calories which really doesn’t help me mentally to be honest. I have a huge mental battle with food and feel like I physically need restriction to make my dream come true. My appointment is on 8th February. Have you had a gastric band?

kelsa2uk
    Daniegant wrote:
    Have private messaged you x

Thanks hun! I’ve replied xx

Kimberly
    Participant

@kelsa2uk 30544 wrote:

Hi! My doctors surgery are really unhelpful and really have not tried to help me lose weight. They just told me to eat less calories which really doesn’t help me mentally to be honest. I have a huge mental battle with food and feel like I physically need restriction to make my dream come true. My appointment is on 8th February. Have you had a gastric band?[/QUOTE
    I’m sorry they not helping you . No I had a gastric bypass . And because of heath problems was nhs funded , but I think you are doing the right thing getting help now before you developed serious health problems like I have . I wish I had looked after my self better years ago rather than ignored what my weight was and did to me. It madness really that they will only fund when the weight has impacted seriously on the body ,
    Saying that I’m soo grateful that I have been given a chance , and can say it’s one of the best things I have done .
    Mr Somers saved my life last week I walked half a mile which might not sound lots to most people but last year I couldn’t walk to the end of the road or go up stairs without an inhaler and became house bound .

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi everyone. I would very respectfully ask that you do not mention other wls service providers here on the Streamline Surgical forum.

Although everyone is welcome, whether or not you have had your surgery with Streamline, it is not acceptable for you to recommend or mention them by name in any way.

Hope you will understand and think it is fair.

Sue Smith
    Communications Assistant
    Streamline Surgical.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media