Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Getting paranoid

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ev123

Hi all,
    I’m only 3 days post op but already getting paranoid about band slippage. I hiccoughed earlier and it really hurt and I felt something move, but it’s probably just my imagination. I’ve also been taking quite big tablets for the pain and now worried that I shouldn’t have.
    Can anyone reassure me?
    Xxx

pgoldsmith

Eve, the band is stitched in place as is your port, slippage or errosion usually occur as you loose weight and anatomically you shrink a bit. It’s probably a twitch as you heal around the keyhole sites, I would take it easy, give it a few weeks when ur back on solids and see how u get on. However if ur really worried ask to see your team and they can x-ray to check its position

Hi Evie, was tha you in the first room on the ward? I wasin he 3rd, everything happened so quick I never got the chance to get out of my room.

I have been really paranoid too, as they don’t really send you out with any “what to expect” scenarios do they apart front he gas and what to eat!

I have been coughing a bit and I see why you would worry. I was quite sore yesterday too, couldn’t do much at all but a lot better now…… Happy to be your band buddy on here as we share the journey….

Sam

ev123

Hi Sam, yes I was in the room at the end, nearest the exit – its a shame we didn’t get a chance to talk!
    Yes im finding that I’m in more pain than I expected, they make it sound as if u can just jump out of bed afterwards and to back to normal! Feel a bit better today though.
    Glad all is getting better with you! I guess we just have to wait!

hides

Hi evie and sam
    So pleased things went well for both of you. But do try to relax alittle, although i can understand your worries. As long as you are following the food instructions both of you will be fine. Sounds like your minds are running wild ( meant in the nicest way ) . There is no way at this early stage of band slippage, however the wind is normal….. And usually at both ends.

Just take things easy, and a week from now you’ll wonder what you were thinking. Smile ladies this is the start of your new life .
    Best wishes
    Heidi

ev123

Thanks hides! That’s just the kind of thing I Needed to hear! Xxxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@hides 22455 wrote:

Hi evie and sam
    So pleased things went well for both of you. But do try to relax alittle, although i can understand your worries. As long as you are following the food instructions both of you will be fine. Sounds like your minds are running wild ( meant in the nicest way ) . There is no way at this early stage of band slippage, however the wind is normal….. And usually at both ends.

Just take things easy, and a week from now you’ll wonder what you were thinking. Smile ladies this is the start of your new life .
    Best wishes
    Heidi

Fantastic advice Hides. I think we all feel like this after surgery and you know what, I think I know why. In my own case anyway.

We have usually spent so many years pre surgery expecting things to go wrong for us that it becomes a ‘habit’ to dread the worst. It’s like we can’t accept that just for once, something has gone right for us!! I know that for many weeks post op, I almost looked for things to go wrong as it was all I had known for years and years. When things started to go right and I was losing weight and getting my life back, it was almost like I didn’t ‘deserve’ it. Does that make any sense at all to any of you? I know mine was down to guilt at letting my life (and weight) get so out of control that I didn’t deserve things to go well. After 6 months and 6st lost, I realised that everything was going to be ok. I now expect things to go well and am occasionally surprised when they don’t! I have become an optimist through wls. Amazing isn’t it how one operation can change my whole attitude to life in addition to making it better.
    Hope you haven’t fallen asleep half way through this haha! I just wanted to share how normal it is to feel what you are feeling.

Doodah x

ev123

Great insight dooyah, I think ur def right – time for us all to start thinking positive!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media