Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

General Chat Thread

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    johncg

IM STILL HEAR……,..lol.

Love John xxx

medic

I hope your ‘woe’ moment has passed & you are feeling more positive. We all get moments like this, they soon pass. Focus on the good things in your life.Try this daft tip, get close to a mirror & make funny faces at yourself, you will feel so daft it will make you smile! @hazelann70 21963 wrote:

I am having a woe is life 5 minutes so keeping my gob shut. On a self destruct time as well so not doing too well. Will hopefully emerge soon.

luckyflower

yes out at the weekend. Was going to post today to tell everyone how great life is. I went on a walk Saturday with my boys and we all loved it, just a few months ago on the same walk we did not go very far as i was so tired. I am now loving the energy i have. Now 5 stone 10 pound lost. Still have a way to go but hey this is great

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI All

Sorry I haven’t been around much, me and Zak ( my adopted german shepherd) have been out an about a lot and I have so much more energy I can’t seem to sit still, I’ve rediscovered the joy of cooking and out on sunday I did the silliest thing, me and Zak went for a walk and it was that warm we ended up sitting in the field and rolling in the grass, I felt very childlike but absolutely brilliant it was GREAT…. then, after an hours walk me and him set about gardening, his gardening was tugging the yard brush as I was sweeping the patio but he did help to carry it !!!!!!. This time last year I wouldn’t have been able to sit down in the grass cos I wouldn’t have been able to get up again and gardening would have been a great big no no, I’d have been too tired.

Life is just fantastic……

Love to all
    Lesley
    xxxx

medic

That is great! What a fun w/e glad life is looking good for you! x

Lauren
    Keymaster

This makes me H.A.P.P.Y.!! People out and about, enjoying real life again.

Hazel, like the very wise Tom says, we all go through it. Times when we think we are rubbish at everything, unloveable, useless, and generally not getting anywhere. On the Facebook page today, ‘Streamline Stig’ has suggested putting a stone’s worth (or however much you have lost would work) into a rucksack and carry it round for the day. You will soon see how flippin incredible you are when you are struggling to move and out of breath! As Tom said: focus on what you have already achieved and be damned proud of yourself!!

Doodah x

hazelann70

I know what you’re saying but my subconsious is on a self destruct mission right now. It’s as if anything that makes me happy e.g. getting to goal weight has to be punnished by my subconsious. Why oh why do we do it to ourselves? It’s like I’m not allowed to be happy and my mind will sabotage anything that makes me like it. It horrifies me how much I can eat and what I can eat.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Aw, that is harsh Hazel. Such a shame that we find it so dificult to allow ourselves to be happy. You are certainly not alone I promise you. Have you spoken to anyone about how much you can eat? It might just be your own perception playing tricks on you?

Doodah x

hazelann70

LOL, I wish it was me just thinnking I can eat too much. That was just lunch! Breakfast landed up being a latte with a Greg’s chicken pasty (my daughter bought it for herself and gave it to me ffs), then I managed to pooch a ham sandwich in the middle of the day after lunch of my poached eggs on toast, grapes, a banana, 5 coffee’s and I’ve just had a large plate of lasagne and a handful of chips with bread. Later it will be half a big orange, a banana, grapes and about 1/4 of a melon. That’s a good day!!! The scales are telling me how much of a pig I am being as I’ve gained 8lbs in less than 4 weeks. I know it isn’t much but those 8lbs can easilly turn into 8 stone for me if I carry on like I am doing. I just can’t seem to stop myself.
    I wanted to speak to Mr Adamo about it all but alas, NHS and all that, my appointment was cancelled in Jan and put back until May. I do really feel I need to talk to someone not only about the amount I can eat and the things I can eat but my whole psych at the moment. It’s not good and I know it. Even my ex husband who I’ve been back with for the last year is suffering and is now only coming round once a week rather than every day. There’s only a certain amount someone can put up with when they are having icicles thrown at them on a daily basis.

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Hazelann

Sorry to hear your having a hard time of it, my surgery has weight management clinic’s that let you go along to one to one sessions, it might be worth speaking to your GP and ask for a referral to one of these clinics, it might help to identify where it’s comoing from and what’s triggered it.

We’re all here for you Hazelann, hang in there and hopefully you’ll get the help you need.

Take care

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@hazelann70 22000 wrote:

LOL, I wish it was me just thinnking I can eat too much. That was just lunch! Breakfast landed up being a latte with a Greg’s chicken pasty (my daughter bought it for herself and gave it to me ffs), then I managed to pooch a ham sandwich in the middle of the day after lunch of my poached eggs on toast, grapes, a banana, 5 coffee’s and I’ve just had a large plate of lasagne and a handful of chips with bread. Later it will be half a big orange, a banana, grapes and about 1/4 of a melon. That’s a good day!!! The scales are telling me how much of a pig I am being as I’ve gained 8lbs in less than 4 weeks. I know it isn’t much but those 8lbs can easilly turn into 8 stone for me if I carry on like I am doing. I just can’t seem to stop myself.
    I wanted to speak to Mr Adamo about it all but alas, NHS and all that, my appointment was cancelled in Jan and put back until May. I do really feel I need to talk to someone not only about the amount I can eat and the things I can eat but my whole psych at the moment. It’s not good and I know it. Even my ex husband who I’ve been back with for the last year is suffering and is now only coming round once a week rather than every day. There’s only a certain amount someone can put up with when they are having icicles thrown at them on a daily basis.

Hazel I’m so sorry you are struggling so much. It’s really not fair is it? We just get our lives back on track then something turns up to throw us all off kilter again. And, being who/what we are, we turn to our familiar old ‘friend’ food (who’s intention is to kill us with kindness – some bloody friend.) Diefersmum is right, you need to speak to someone about it as soon as you can. You can request a referral to see a counsellor or get therapy on the NHS. I had 3 years of therapy before my surgery as I knew I would not succeed as well without it. It was cruel, upsetting, unsettling and hard but my life did it help. I think we all need to understand and accept why we continue on our self destructive path before we can take a different one. I discovered things about myself that were as plain as day to everyone else but myself!! It was like having a mirror placed in front of me and really SEEING my own reflection for the first time.

It took time to arrange but even the knowledge that it was going to happen started to make me feel better. Just like wls. The minute you get the go ahead you start to feel life is worth living again. I hope you can get your GP to get the ball rolling for you. Let her/him know how bad things are for you. No doubt that you look fabulous on the outside but if you are suffering on the inside, no one else can see it.

We are all here for you. I never just post on here then walk away and forget about everything and everyone. You guys have all helped me SO much, sometimes possibly without even realising it! You are such a breath of fresh air with your honesty and humour Hazel. You are willing to help everyone else so how about starting with you this time?

Doodah xx

hazelann70

Thanks for all of your support everyone. Today, despite having picked up my first cold in 18 months and feel like a pile of the preverbial, I actually feel more positive with life. Not sure if my huge day long binge was what I needed to get it out of my system but I’ve been really good today and not had food in my head at all. I even resisted having a Subway when I took my daughter on the way to our hospital appointments! I’ve got 4 trays of cakes sat on my dining room table as well and they seem to have gags on them as they are not talking to me at all. I’ve got hot cross buns raising on the side as well and even they’re not calling me. How strange our psychy is at times. I’m not going to shout too loudly though as it’s still only 6:38 and my worst time for food is after dinner but fingers crossed. Perhaps it’s just the process of talking about it that makes us realise what we are doing wrong? Who knows. My ex husband has said he won’t come round every day (we are kind of back together again) and so that’s a weight off my mind as well. Sounds horrible doesn’t it but I think the pressure of him being around all the time was getting to me as well. Maybe it’s not a good idea to get back with someone who irritated the hell out of you for 12 years cos when you start to notice the little things creaping back in, it seems 100 times worse!

So, onward and upward as they say. My sister will be going in for her brain tumour to be removed on Monday hopefully but they can’t/wont do anything about the other ones as they are not causing any problems for her right now. As the cancer is in her system there is no point in removing them apparently as they are now going to start to pop up all over the place. Until they have examined the brain tumour they won’t know what sort of cancer it is but they think it’s secondary to the breast cancer she had 12 years ago. Hopefully they will be able to manage it albeit not cure it. We won’t know until they have looked at it. If it’s aggressive she might have until Easter and if it’s not then she could have 10 years. It’s all a bit of a worry but I’m trying to put it all to the back of my mind. The problem is, she’s a lot older than me (same mum different dad) and when our mum died in 2001 she kind of took over her role for me. I do have another half sister but alas, she’s too wrapped up in her religion and we don’t often call each other although we do get on if that makes any sense?

Thanks again to you all. You have been a tower of strenght to me.

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI Hazelann

You sound much better today, more positive about the future, it’s always good to have a good old fasioned winge about anything, big or small, that gives us cause for concern. Just rememeber your not alone in this we’ve all been there.

My thought and prayers are with you and your sister right now, I haven’t been through anything like that but I do have two sisters and just the thought of either of them gettting sick to that extent frightens me so again, all my prayers are with you at this time.

Take care Hazelann
    Lots of love and hugs
    Lesley
    xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Hazel.

I’m so pleased you feel you can offload here. We are all fragile people which is probably how we ended up obese in the first place. I know that to be true of myself. I’m also super happy that you are feeling more positive today. My goodness you have a lot on your mind (won’t say plate!!) at the moment. I pray with all my heart that your sister recovers. I’m the mother figure to my sister as I’m 10 years older than her so I also know how much your big sister must be worrying about YOU.

All we can ever do is our best. You are not gaining pounds and pounds so you are keeping a lid on things which is pretty darned amazing considering your circumstances at present.

I always see little flashes of your amazing sense of humour. Do you realise how funny you are? You have had me wheezing with laughter before!! We are all here for you. You can private message me anytime ok?

Love Doodah xx

hazelann70

LMAO, I just say it as it is mate! If we can’t laugh at ourselves and our lives at time then we’d sit in a corner and rock at times. I’m sure we all feel like doing that. This will make you laugh – the other day I thought I’d go to town for retail therapy. Now anyone who doesn’t know Bracknell wouldn’t know that they have been wittering on about regeneration since I moved here 20 years ago. The council have taken back many shops and it resembles a ghost town in many places. One could lose the will to live at times. So going to town for therapy seemed hillarious to me as I came home and was searching for the razor blades. This is the town my Cafe is located in (within the market) and so it’s no wonder business is so shit and people don’t use the town as Camberley is just down the road and is a lovely place to shop. Who would want to go to a town that’s always windy, miserable, half empty and has less life in it than a morgue?

Going back in today so wish me luck lmao

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media