Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Gastric Banding

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

After being told that I will have to wait a further 6 months for surgery, I am now looking at the option of travelling abroad, I do know someone who has travelled to the Czech Republic paying around £4,560 and are extremely happy with how the operation went and how everything was handled by the company they booked with.
    does anyone else have experience of travelling abroad for an operation before I make the final decision ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

@elizabethappleby 29329 wrote:

After being told that I will have to wait a further 6 months for surgery, I am now looking at the option of travelling abroad, I do know someone who has travelled to the Czech Republic paying around £4,560 and are extremely happy with how the operation went and how everything was handled by the company they booked with.
    does anyone else have experience of travelling abroad for an operation before I make the final decision ?

Hi there Elizabeth and welcome to the friendliest place around.

I always make sure I’m honest about things so this is ONLY my own personal opinion:

I would never have contemplated it as I was a very poorly person by the time I came to have my bypass. Also, I would never, ever put money before health and safety. I could have saved £2,000 having my tummy tuck abroad last year but it’s a good job I didn’t as I had complications a little while after it that required me to visit the hospital three times a week. Therefore, if it were me, I would pay the extra and be 100% certain that I would get all the help I needed immediately. However, you are you. It is entirely your decision and one that will be respected by everyone on here.

Hope this is helpful and that you are happy with your final decision.

Doodah x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media