Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Gastric band

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jojo1212

I had my gastric band op on 27th Feb. I am nearly a week into the post op diet and I am struggling. I constantly feel sick,smells of any kind set me off.I am full of trapped wind. I am struggling to go to toilet. Does anyone have any good remedies to help me get through this please.
    I have no energy whatsoever ever

pgoldsmith
    jojo1212 wrote:
    I had my gastric band op on 27th Feb. I am nearly a week into the post op diet and I am struggling. I constantly feel sick,smells of any kind set me off.I am full of trapped wind. I am struggling to go to toilet. Does anyone have any good remedies to help me get through this please.
    I have no energy whatsoever ever

Hi jojo

I didn’t eat much for a weak or so post op, used melt in the mouth nurofen and windeaze tablets for pain and trapped wind. You will struggle to go to the loo if your not drinking enough water which is usually the main course. You could try some thin soup, and try adding some supplement into your diet like a dissolveable multivitamin. This phase is temporary after about 10 days or do things will ease up and u will start introducing sloppy food and I am sure your energy levels will pick up. I am 5 month post band 4 stone lighter, eat nice meals just less of it, and higher quality. I am sure you will get there

Paul

johncg

Hi Jo Jo

As Paul said it won’t last I was full of wind that was quite painful especially in the evenings… I was off any kind of food for about three weeks just kept forgetting to eat had to keep reminding myself to eat. When I learned to burp on demand that helped with the wind. Some advice I wax given was drink plenty of water even if you don’t fancy it and use the correct mulitvitims that really helped with energy and I stopped feeling sick, so plenty of water… I used to drink milk even after the op…. I’m on my 4th fill now and just had a plain tomato soup and had the sip slowly. Weight loss in the last six months has been around 6.5 stone… So hang on in there jojo…

Love John xxxx

hides

Hi jojo
    I can only echo what Paul and John have said……. As for going to toilet, well it was almost 2 weeks before i went. Make sure you drink. I cant help with the smell of foods, as this never happened to me. If you are worried call the nurse at the hospital.
    I can say it will be worth it once these teething problems are sorted, and this might just be time …….i am 4 1/2 months post op and i’ve lost about 3stone 2lbs, not as good as Paul and John, but slow and steady enough for me.
    Keep us posted, best wishes
    Heidi.

johncg

Hides…

My darling love of my life any weight loss is brill…

We are all different in our journey but want the same result , weight loss , if I only lose I ounce it’s better than an ounce gained… Xxx its raining so hard outside but I still went on my 2 mile run… I think of my grandkids and my life ahead and run for it….. Last year I would have had several beers and a ruby instead of a run…. We only come this way once I I’m making the mist of it Coss I’ve got the last twenty five years to make up…

Everyone even in your mind run with me… I support the RNLI and recently the blue light federation…. After reading the sad reminder of PC Raithband

Love you all John xxx

jojo1212

thank you all sooooooooooooo much for your replies. It is great to get information from people who are on the same journey as me.
    My partner has bought me lotions and potions to help me. I am now drinking soup and managing water. I still feel light headed and weak but I know now it is all down to the time factor
    Once again,
    Thank you all you lovely people
    Jojo

Doodah
    Keymaster

@pgoldsmith 22076 wrote:

Hi jojo

I didn’t eat much for a weak or so post op, used melt in the mouth nurofen and windeaze tablets for pain and trapped wind. You will struggle to go to the loo if your not drinking enough water which is usually the main course. You could try some thin soup, and try adding some supplement into your diet like a dissolveable multivitamin. This phase is temporary after about 10 days or do things will ease up and u will start introducing sloppy food and I am sure your energy levels will pick up. I am 5 month post band 4 stone lighter, eat nice meals just less of it, and higher quality. I am sure you will get there

Paul

Absolutely first class advice, Paul.

Aren’t we lucky to have each other to lean on, knowing we all fully understand how we feel? Brilliant stuff ;-))

Doodah x

pgoldsmith

Hi jojo how’s it going?? Have things eased a bit? After 5 months banded (and three fills) I have had my first real restriction, after rushing about I was waiting for a flight, ordered a salad whilst having a meal with my boss and got severe pain, had to go to the loo to get rid, that is the first time I was ill in 5months, and was only after 1 mouthful of salad strange!! Due another fill this Thursday as appetite still up, things do take a long time with a band, yet to get to my sweet spot!

Hope my tips helped, it gets easier ever day

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

@pgoldsmith 22139 wrote:

Hi jojo how’s it going?? Have things eased a bit? After 5 months banded (and three fills) I have had my first real restriction, after rushing about I was waiting for a flight, ordered a salad whilst having a meal with my boss and got severe pain, had to go to the loo to get rid, that is the first time I was ill in 5months, and was only after 1 mouthful of salad strange!! Due another fill this Thursday as appetite still up, things do take a long time with a band, yet to get to my sweet spot!

Hope my tips helped, it gets easier ever day

Paul

Great advice and support as usual, Paul 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media