Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Gastric Band Opp Gone Wrong Twice Now i have none

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Bariatric patient experiences » Band Patient Stories and Photos » Gastric Band Opp Gone Wrong Twice Now i have none

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    hayley

Day 2 and doing well although I’m smelling everything my Senses are heightened and can smell food a mile off. Food was such a important part of my life I’ve let it control me, & 2 days in I’ve noticed how much I eat and pick, I’m so glad I like milk!! 12days to go feels like forever x

Hi hayley, I too had a band fitted about 3 years ago, mine worked perfectly to begin with and I lost 7 stone. I then became pregnant and due to that my band slipped. I went to st Richards for a reposition only to have my stomach punctured during surgery which wasn’t discovered until 3 months later when I too was vomiting after everything. I had the band removed and they discovered it had become fused to my stomach and my whole abdomen was filled with infection, ended up spending 2 weeks in hospital nil by mouth with drains in my stomach to drain the infection. I vowed never to go through surgery again. BUT I actually had a bypass 2 weeks ago. I managed to get funding within 2 weeks of applying. Had to wait 9 months to have op though as they wanted my scar tissues to mature before operating. It is a huge huge thing to go through after a bad experience but I had to for my health and happiness and touch wood I have come through this op with no complications. You say you live in Kent, me too, where about? Good luck with your preop diet and the op itself and keep us posted x x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Crikey Katie, you’ve been through the mill! Glad it’s all sorted for you and progressing well now.

Doodah x

hayley

Hi Kate i wish you all the luck with the by pass, as i can see youve had a rough ride too you poor thing, well lets hope you can put it all behind you know. im on day 8 0f the milk diet and going well ive had the odd day of wanting to cheat but been ok just cant wait till my opp is hear and can get on with it xx

Honestly hayley you will blink and the op will have been and gone. I am 3 weeks post op today and have still not taken a single painkiller since leaving hospital, I have 2 relatives and 1 friend who have also had bypasses and not a single one regrets it. I was lucky in the fact I LOVE milk so was in heaven on pre op diet. Look forward to hearing how you get on, best of luck, katie x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Agree with everything Katie says 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media