Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Ganny’s Weight Loss Journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    sonia kidman

Hi Elaine

It’s great to hear you are feeling better,also well done on the great weight loss that is fantastic.
    I see you are going to the Tea party which is also great it means we can catch up can’t wait to see you :O)
    Love Sonia x x x

Pinkdancer

Hi Elaine,

So pleased you’re feeling better, take it easy and keep up your fluids and your protien for healing. Like you say every cloud but not quite the way you wanted it to go. Take care and don’t forget the next meeting on 6th June.

I won’t be there unfortunately as I am visiting my dad who hasn’t seen me since January, which was a couple of weeks after my op when I was not on top form, so can’t wait to get a hug where his arms go right round me. 🙂

Take care and take it slowly xx

Anonymous

@Ganny 15644 wrote:

Hi all,
    Just to let you all know I am feeling so much better now apparently according to the doctor I had picked up a “norvo something virus” and because we are different because we don’t absorb like other that is why it hit me so hard and it was good that I was put on a drip for fluid but I now have no pain and my motions though still loose (Buzz) are a lot better but evry cloud has a silver lining and in the last 2 weeks I have lost a stone so that make 63lbs (four and a half stones) in a 11 weeks and boy does that feel good.
    Buzz I am so pleased you have picked up your toys and put them back in your pram, I have misssed your words of wisdom and if you are going to the tea party I will look forward to meeting you and giving you a big hug to say thank you for all your support.
    Elaine xx

Hugs all round then…LMSAO = Laugh My Skinny ( but somewhat cute if I must say so myselfs ) Arse Off… game on….
    I have realised by checking my last hissy fit was this time last year…. sooooo in order not to repeat it next year I am booking all of April, May and possibly a little of June off…… pre warnning lol….
    Oh jesus too much coffee…

Chuffed your feeling better…. as it should be my delicate little flower 🙂

buzz x

Anonymous

Oh… and keep it quite but I am thinking of comming as a spider…..lol….. re other posts…..
    A big hairy one xxx

shhhhh dont tell anyone 😉

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Elaine

Glad your feeling better, you sound so much better. Also good to hear from buzz again, I’m missed him so much, the forum wasn’t the same without him lol.

Elaine, I’ll pm you about meeting up, perhaps this weekend?

Love
    Lesley
    xx

Anonymous

@Deifersmum 15656 wrote:

Hi Elaine

Glad your feeling better, you sound so much better. Also good to hear from buzz again, I’m missed him so much, the forum wasn’t the same without him lol.

Elaine, I’ll pm you about meeting up, perhaps this weekend?

Love
    Lesley
    xx

I only went mad for a week Lesley lol… but somehow managed to delete all my friends and some 3-400 posts in a kiddy fit….
    Boys a… who would have them? the little monsters, they never grow up….

Might change to peter pan ha ha ha,,,,,, sorry… I really do need to go to bed….

Have a great day,….. now back to the original post and STOP making me blush xxx

Irene

Hi Elaine,
    I am so glad you have been sorted out.
    I too missed Buzz and his words of wisdom.
    See you at the tea party.
    How will I recognise you now?????

Ganny
    Participant

Hi All,
    Just been weighed and found I have put on 2lb, kinda expected it after being so ill and not eating and drinking and losing 14lbs in 2 weeks but it was a bit gutting. I am hoping that the body will now settle down and adjust to being fed and watered regular again, still I am back at Chichester on the 16th to see the dietitician so will see what she says, still really really struggling with any meat I think it is the chew chew chewing that is doing it I don’t like the texture in my mouth and it is making me gag, anyone else have this problem and has anyone any idea how to get around it?
    Elaine xx

ruby tuesday

Hi Ganny, I think problems with meat are common from what I have read (I am pre-op), and some people do give up on meat. I must admit I definately do not chew enough now and would find it hard to do so afterwards, so well done for all your efforts! Dont worry about 2 pounds,that will come off soon enough, and as you say, your body has been in shock really from being ill, so it is just adjusting. You are still going to be slimmer and sexier!! Best of luck anyway.x

Irene

Hi Elaine,

Glad you are better now.
    Sorry you have put on 2 lb, but you have answered that one yourself it will settle down and has been in shock getting nothing it has to hold on tto the little it was getting.
    I struggle with red meat and pork. Fish and chicken are great for me,, also just discovered that corned beef is good cos it sort of melts in your mouth.

I agree with everything RT said. just take things easy and you will soon see the 2 lbs disappear again.

Take Care

Sally Bailey
    Participant

Hi there

I think it’s quite common to struggle with meat after surgery, especially in the early days. I know I did. I got so fed up with being sick that I became vegetarian. Quite an easy option really these days and I can honestly say I don’t miss meat at all. Lots of people persevere with meat and eventually get used to it but it just wasn’t worth it for me as I was never much of a carnivore to start with.

As for the 2lb gain, bet it’s merely a hiccup as you have been so poorly. If you just keep following the guidlines it will happen. It isn’t a race so try not to judge your weight loss with anyone elses.

Sally x

78rpm

Chin up you be back to “normal” weight loss soon

rgds

Jay

miss missy

hi.its great that your all better now.dont worry about that small gain.it will all sort itself out.i too struggle with meat.but am going to persevere as im a true carnivore.im ok if its in a sauce but dry on its own it gets stuck terrible.im not gonna attempt it again for a couple of months than will give it a go.i am so wary of fish as just after my op i had a terrible reaction to a boil in the bag fish.dont mind as im not a fish lover.do miss tuna tho.the thing i cant live without is bread but theres no way i can eat it yet.but will try that in a couple of months too.much love.xxx

Fenella

Miss Missy I reacted to tuna pate but was fine with cod cooked in the oven served with parsley sauce so it’s inconsistent isn’t it? I’m 12 days out now and have made two mistakes already.

Ms Ellie

@Ganny 15964 wrote:

Hi All,
    Just been weighed and found I have put on 2lb, kinda expected it after being so ill and not eating and drinking and losing 14lbs in 2 weeks but it was a bit gutting. I am hoping that the body will now settle down and adjust to being fed and watered regular again, still I am back at Chichester on the 16th to see the dietitician so will see what she says, still really really struggling with any meat I think it is the chew chew chewing that is doing it I don’t like the texture in my mouth and it is making me gag, anyone else have this problem and has anyone any idea how to get around it?
    Elaine xx

Hi there Elaine try not to worry about the small gain there, it could be one of many reasons why you gained. As for the meat issue I think many of us have trouble at some point throughout our journeys You could have it one day and you’re ok then same thing the next day and then find that you cannot tolerate it. Keep persevering and things will hopefully settle down for you.

Good luck on the 16th

Much love Ellie xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media