Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Ganny’s Weight Loss Journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Ganny
    Participant

Hi All,
    Why is I am feeling so down at the moment, every thing seems to have come to a halt. Started out on this back in October last year and everything seemed to rollar coast into a blur of activety, getting funding, pre-assessment on the 21st December, getting tests done that Mr John wanted, back down to Chichester last Friday (28th) for psychologist and now just waiting, everything feels like an anti-climax and I am so down, am I being inpatience and wanting it to happen now but I would like some news on how long it is going to be before I get THE CALL. My life is revolving around that call, does anyone else feel like me? xx

Anonymous

Think we all want it to happen as soon as Ganny.
    Perhaps its time to make a call and check the status rather than sitting twiddling your thumbs.
    Nothing wrong with checking…. 🙂

Dont be frustrated… no need
    Buzz

Lorraine

I agree with Buzz, give them a call, they don’t bite 🙂

Lorraine

karenb

Hi Yer
    I have replied to your earlier post…….make that call ASAP! Christine is a lovely lady and will understand how you feel. xxxx.

Ms Ellie

Make that call ganny….. Can’t see it being too long as usually after pr- op most people get their dates within 1/2 weeks good luck and keep us posted much love xxxxx

Irene

Hi Ganny,
    Make that call no need to worry about making it they couldn’t be nicer if they tried. Please don’t feel down try to make the call ASAP I am sure your spirits will be lifted after you do.

Love and Hugs

steve h

hi Ganny
    i went see mr slater on the 4th feb …in the end had to call when i did i got my pre op date and my op date my pre op is 16th march my op is 31st so dont thing you will have long now hope his helps

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    Did make that call and got a lot of reasurance and Mr John’s secutary called a couple of weeks ago and I go down this Thursday 3rd March for my pre-op assessment and my bypass is on the 23rd of March, just sooooooooo looking forward to it and starting a new chapter in my life.
    Elaine xx

steve h

thats great hope all go well for u hope to chat again when i have had mine done
    good luck

Jaysee

Elaine I had a couple of days when I felt low. I think Id done so much research, spent so much time talking about it that I was sick of all that and just wanted it over and done with. The whole rollercoaster is exhausting at times but its all natural and we have to ride it. Youre sooooo close now, try looking forward, concentrate on other things if you can ( I know thats hard!) and itll be time before you know it.
    Julie xxx

gillb

Hiya Ganny. I’m playing the waiting game as well – sigh. I also rang my hospital (Taunton) and they are sending me a letter with my date during the first week of March. They said I should get my band either the 1st or 2nd week in April. All we can do is hang in there and keep thinking positive. Not long now for either of us. Best wishes.

hazelann70

I don’t know if it’s the same in every hospital but I was told that once you’ve had your pre-op’s done, they have to do the surgery within 6 weeks otherwise they have to do all the tests again as they are only valid for 6 weeks.

Ganny
    Participant

I hope not as my pre assessment was back in December and I going down this Thursday for my pre-op assessment and haven’t been told it is another all day appointment, the first one was very exciting but also very draining. My bypass is booked for the 23rd.
    Elaine xx

hazelann70

Think your pre-op will be the blood tests, lung tests and MRSA tests along with the normal how many do you smoke and drink questions. I wasn’t there all day but longer than I thought as I wasn’t prepared for all of that! I had my pre-assesment 2 years before!! But then I had to do the fighting for the funding, hence the long time. When my surgery was cancelled, all I had to do for my next lot of pre-op tests was another blood test (all the way to London for one little prick), and the MRSA swab. My surgery was just under 6 weeks later.

Ganny
    Participant

Hi All,
    Well I arrived home last night after my bypass on Wednesday,and I feeling good, my wind has just about all but gone which is wonderful and helps with my recovery. Went out for a slow but very nice stroll this afternoon and then got home and went to bed. Would like to thank everyone so very very much, the lovely Andrea, Tracey, Michelle, Allie and Veronica in fact everyone on Aldwick Bay. The wonderful Mr John, what a nice man thanking me for doing the milk diet and recovering so well for him. Lesley, Emily, Sonia, Patsy, Georgina, it was great to share the exprience with you, yes Lesley I am less windy and I am peeing better as well. The lovely Irene for coming to visit me on the Thursday afternoon it was really great to meet you.
    To everyone who is going through the milk diet and on the eve of your diet stick with it and you are in the very best hands.

Thank you all for your support and I hope I can support the newbie’s as you have supported me and will continue to support.

Elaine xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media