Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Freezing cold

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    treeza

I know I was warned about being cold but really! I’m freezing! Shivering! I’ve got cardigan, socks nightdress & wrapped in a duvet & I’m still shivering! :0(

audrasharon
    treeza wrote:
    I know I was warned about being cold but really! I’m freezing! Shivering! I’ve got cardigan, socks nightdress & wrapped in a duvet & I’m still shivering! :0([/QUOTE

Total with you! Most nights my fingernails are blue. Freaks the kids out! I have the fire burning, with 3 layers and the rest of them are in their underwear complaining it’s too hot! Fun in our house 🙂

Kimberly
    Participant

Passion killers lol have you tried a wooly hat ? That keep you warm in bed .

treeza

Oh Lordy! True passion killer! Still it’s worth it! Might have to get a onsie?!?! Mind you if you need to wee it’s all gotta come off :0))) colder thinking about that one! xxx

Paul-H
    Participant

God bless the inventor of thermal undies, they where made for us WLS patients.

My first winter post surgery was a nightmare for feeling cold, this year for some reason it’s not so bad, so I must have acclimatised to it, even thinking of going fishing this weekend now that I have just bought myself a nice new thermal lined waterproof outfit along with the ALDI thermal onsie I bought the other week, what a laugh that was when I tried it on, all black and tight it looked more like a gimp suit.

Now try getting that image out of your heads, that will soon warm you up 😉

Paul

treeza

Hehe I’m finally warming up but not sure if it’s the million layers or the thought of Paul or anyone in a gimp suit :0)))x although if it pulls everything in & pushes other things up I might just invest in one or two :9)))x ??

Paul-H
    Participant

Dont-Fart-In-The-Gimp-Suit_fb_124538_zps426f8d00.jpg

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 30739 wrote:

I know I was warned about being cold but really! I’m freezing! Shivering! I’ve got cardigan, socks nightdress & wrapped in a duvet & I’m still shivering! :0(

It is utterly miserable and I’m not going to deny it. When we had no heating in this house last year for two weeks, I cried every single day as my feet and hands hurt so much. There was snow on the ground but we had no heating at all. It was one of the worst fortnight’s of my entire life. I couldn’t think properly, do anything that required motor skills and, worst of all, I couldn’t eat anything as I just couldn’t keep it down. I don’t digest food very well when I’m cold. I ended up going to my Mum’s. Her house is like a sauna as she has COPD. It certainly made my husband get a shift on to get it fixed.

Seriously though, Thermals are a MUST. As are hand warmers, fleece lined socks and slippers, indoor hats, and my fave the good old fashioned gilet! I have half a dozen in different colours and thickness. Also a scarf round the neck works wonders. In fact, if you think of Dick van Dyke in ‘Mary Poppins’ and channel that look, you should be fine haha! I am wearing fingerless gloves as I type – cor blimey guvnor!!

Plenty of warm drinks, a great deal of extra clothing and reminding yourself that it is preferable to sweating like a boiler stoker will help. I still HATE it but I would be much colder if I hadn’t had wls – as in dead :-O

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media