Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Four weeks since bypass and a bit worried

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Guys

I hope you can give me some advice as I’m a bit worried.

Since my bypass four weeks ago today, yippee, I have been following the required regime, fluids, sloppy food, soft food and so on, well I think I’m moving too fast but I’m hungry. Tonight I had a slither of chicken with half a small baked potatoes and a soft cheese and mushroom sauce, it was delicious and I managed to eat all of it.

I’ve had no side effects from anything, except drinking too fast and I’m getting a bit worried that I’m doing something wrong.

Can someone out in put my mind at rest that this is normal!!!

Many thanks

Lesley
    xx

jojo174

Hi there

I was exactly the same as you. I moved on very quickly with no side effects, can eat more than I thought I should and have not yet found a food that I can’t tolerate (although I have never gone back to bread just in case), and was worried but 4 and half months out I have lost 5 stone 2 lbs and just accept that I have been one of the lucky ones. I sailed through surgery and was discharged a day early. I was told by the dietician that if you were ‘fit’ before surgery with no heart conditions, diabetes etc. it was likely that you would move more quickly through the stages.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Jo

Ms Ellie

Hi there Lesley I think you are doing really well, 4 weeks?? Gosh that’s gone by really quick, is it possible that because since your op you have been eating a small amount of food and now that you have increased your intake a little it is possible that you may be worried that you are over doing it??? Just be aware of what you are eating and don’t forget chew chew chew and drink drink drink!!!! Keep us posted you should have your 6week check up soon have a little word with velia/lisa at the clinic or if your lucky see if you can nip in to see the dietician if she’s around good luck

Much love Ellie xxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Lesley,
    Is it 4 weeks post op as I am only 3 weeks today post op and you were there when I was there. I have gone from having really sloppy food to having mashed and I am chew, chew chewing and so far I have been lucky only had one case of foaming and that was my own fault as I didn’t chew it enough and I ate it to quickley but I tell you I won’t be doing that again in a hurry, still can’t eat a lot though and I must say I am not enjoying food like I use to as I am never hungrey any more and I am having to make myself eat, I am drinking lots and eating small amounts at meal times. I have my post op appointment for the 5th of May have you got yours yet?
    I have lost 2stone 4lbs since the start of the milk diet 5 weeks ago and people are beginning to notice as it has come of my face and shoulders, I am really chuffed with it.
    Take care.
    Elaine xx

Candy

Hi Lesley

please don’t worry when i saw the nurse she seemed to be saying the same as the dietician, and to try eating one new food a day so your new stomach gets used to the new texture,
    i asked about swimming and because of the extra i had done can start at the end of the month so get that cozzie dusted off.!!!

catch up with you soon hows Work going ?

Love Denise X

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi All

Thanks for the advice and support, I have my post op appointment on the 3rd May, that makes it an extra long weekend for me!! I think I’ll take your advice Miss Elle and see if I can see the dietician when I’m there, it can’t hurt and might put my mind at rest. Also, as I’m used to writing down what I eat from my weight watchers days I think I might start a food diary between now and then to show her, just to give her an idea of what I’m doing, I’m bound to forget on the day, by brain leaks something chronic…..

I have found something I have difficulty tolerating, Ryvita, I had one this afternoon for lunch and boy did I feel it after, I think I’ll leave that for a while longer, good job I had my crackers with me.

Work is going fine, although tiring, seem to be back to square one with the afternoon nap when I get home. I’m on reduced hours this week and next, if I need it and everyone is so supportive. I have my first test yesterday, a birthday in the office and was offered a doughnut with icing and sprinkles on and I didn’t ever want it, yah me…. I did feel good about that, also got a dress on today that I haven’t been able to wear for two years….

Denise I will PM you ref the swimming, I have an idea….

Good to hear your doing well Elaine, I can’t even think of mash potatoe now without feeling really nausous, funny but I suppose I’ll get over it in time. As Phil has hidden the scales, I was getting obsessed with weighing myself when I got home from hospital, I don’t know how much I’ve lost but I’m definitley feeling better. Even managed a walk round Walmer Castle on Sunday without having to stop and sit down every time I’d gone a bit of a distance and didn’t need my inhalor once, I’m feeling so great now I can’t believe it’s happened so quickly.

Anyway, I’ll stop babbling on and get some homework done.

Take care everyone and thanks again for the help and support.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Emily.p

Hey all

I am similar aswell I seem to be able to eat things as long as I chew chew and had no side effects yet (fingers crossed) I am worried I might be stretching my stomach to quick???

Emily

Ms Ellie

Hi there Lesley great idea keep a food diary and if you are not able to see he dietician that day ask if you could leave the diary there and get them to pass it on and she can contact you.

Good luck Lesley

Much love Ellie xxx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi All

Thanks for the advice. I have a bit of silliness, I had a eureka moment this morning on the way to work, I think we have a song, if anyone out there listens to Michael Buble listen to ‘And I’m Feeling Good’, that is so our song, it may have been written ages ago but it sure does fit for us losers…. go have a listen..

Love

Lesley
    xx

miss missy

i too feel that i am eating too much.can somebody please tell me exactly wot foaming is?yeterday everthing i ate agreed with me apart from last nite when i soread 2 crackerbreads with peanut butter(never tried this before)thought was gonna die.had the most horrendous cramp pain under my left breast that came and went over a 15 min period,then started burping then i was fine.had the same feeling with a teaspoon of cottage cheese the other day.wot on earth is it.is it dumping or frothing.really dont feel like im doing things rite at all.got my 6 week check up next week and have also started a food diary from yesterday.am also still really windy.am fine in the day but as the evening progresses i get worse and worse.thats why i feel like am doing everything so wrong.is anybody else like me or am i just a freak of nature!!!!!!!!!much love.xxxxxx

Emily.p

Hi

I also get a pain in my left side from time to time and was told it was constipation but know I am ok with that and still get it I am also confused as to what it is??

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I also get a pain in my left side every so often and I was told it is the insides healing and knitting together must say I don’t get it very often.
    Foaming , I have had this a few times now and it is when you either don’t eat slowly enough or chew enough and I also have had it when I have had that one extra teaspoon and you get this terrible pain just under your ribcage and you burp and hickcup and the only way to get rid of it is by being sick, not nice at all.

miss missy

so it dosnt mean that you foam at the mouth then.stupid me imagined thats wot it meant.i dont hiccup and ive never been sick since ive had my op.the burping seems to clear it for me.but its so unpleasent while its happening.are these things we are experiencing in these early stages gonna be the same forever?or will they disappear as time goes on?have done my 2 weekly weigh this morning and am pleased to announce that i am now 16 8.started at 19 1lb 8 weeks ago.hooray.xxxx

kathc

I am 4 weeks post op today and was worried last night about I ate as in volume ! I did a clear out the freezer dinner and I had one fish finger spoon beans half a potato waffle and a hot dog as in just the sausage ( small one from a can ) . Don’t get me wrong I was pleased to not have a reaction to anything but was worried this was too much !!! Can anyone help or remember this far back ??

Katherine

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Katherine,
    Had my bypass back in March and I can just about manage a little bit more than that now, back then I would have had about the same as you did last night and as you had no reaction or pain then I guess it was ok just be careful.
    Elaine x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media