Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Forceval

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

How many weeks post op can you start taking these tablets. Currently using chewy multivitamin but have no probs with food etc do would like to move onto forceval as soon as I can as these are more complete xx

katy

I tried taking a forceval yesterday by biting the capsule and sucking the stuff out but it was foul and made me gag so have reverted to chewable ones for now…..

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi

My hubby has confirmed that I started taking multi vits after my 6 week post op check up, if that helps. You didn’t say how many weeks post op you were squeaky but, like everything else after this op, it’s trial and error.

Sorry can’t be more helpful but you’ll get there.

Take care

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

In my book from Steamline Surgery it says start taking the Vitamins after 2 weeks, so I start taking mine on Monday.

Paul

hazelann70

I was told to squeeze them out onto a spoon from day one. I used to squeeze it into a spoonful of weetabix to hide the taste and kinda tipped my head back and tried to let it slide down in one. They are absolutely foul if you let the stuff anywhere near your tongue. When I started to take them whole (after 6 weeks), they made my stomach burn so I had to swap to Centrum Advance and have had no problems at all with them.

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    If I can remember rightly I started taking my multivitiams about 2 wks after my op and I crushed them up and put them in my breakfast cereal.
    Elaine xx

Thais

I take Centrum from two weeks after surgery, I cut in six to eight pieces and swallow with water, that help me with my water intake because at the moment I’m struggling to drink the two litres I need, so I try to drink three, four glasses every morning and I have less to drink during the day.

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi guys

I was in boots today and noticed that they where doing their own brand of multi vits that compared well with Centrum. They where multivitamin a to z and called 50 plus? They where also a fraction of the price of centrum advanced 50 plus.

Paul

johncg

Stock to the brand ones
    Love John xxx

hazelann70

I get all my pills on repeat script from my gp. When you add it all up, so long as you get more than 2 items per month, it works out much cheaper (if you have to pay for your scripts) to do the yearly payment thingy. I’m lucky and don’t have to pay for mine at the moment though. I still get calcium, fast tabs and the centrum from the gp. Worth asking them to see if you can get yours.

Paul-H
    Participant

Thats one of the drawback of WLS, now that I am not classed as a type 2 diabetic I have to pay for all my Meds again, well I will when my Certificate runs out. Still on 7 items so thats going to cost a fortune. Hopefully by the time I have to pay for them I will be off a few more of them.

Paul

hazelann70

You really should look into the pre payment thing if you are on more than 2 items a month. It works out that you are paying for 2 items and getting all the rest for nothing. Help With Health Costs Help with Health Costs NHS Business Services Authority take a look.

katy

I have a prepayment card too, it’s great and if you do the annual one it’s only £10 a month. It’s saved me an absolute fortune and it means you can even request stuff like paracetamol on prescription x

Paul-H
    Participant

Thanks

I will look into this when my exemption card runs out

Paul

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi all

Just had a quick read about the pre payment card, if I go for the one year option of £104 does that cover all my prescription items, regardless of the number of items, or does it only cover a pre-set number of items per month, their website is not too clear on that.

Thanks

Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media