Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Forceval ???

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    ebaa

Does anyone know when forceval will be available again ? My gp has always been good enough to prescribe this for me but I couldn’t get it anywhere when I got my last prescription. Post op apart from a nasty chest infection 2 weeks after surgery & now 1 week on from no forceval just regular multi vitamins I’ve come down with the mother of all colds and a horrible sore throat !!! Is it just coincidence ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

@ebaa 28961 wrote:

Does anyone know when forceval will be available again ? My gp has always been good enough to prescribe this for me but I couldn’t get it anywhere when I got my last prescription. Post op apart from a nasty chest infection 2 weeks after surgery & now 1 week on from no forceval just regular multi vitamins I’ve come down with the mother of all colds and a horrible sore throat !!! Is it just coincidence ?

Normal service is expected to resume in july regarding the supply of Forceval in England. In the meantime there is no shortage of the soluble kind (which can be made up and allowed to go ‘flat’ before drinking. I use Centrum or Sanatogen Gold and have never had a single problem.

Highly suspect that the colds and infections are not linked but it’s always better to get the advice of your team. Major surgery nearly always carries the possibility of associated risks, including infections.

Always remember too – some vitamins are always better than none at all!

Lauren
    Keymaster

This from the Forceval website:

Forceval – Wide ranging micronutrient supplementation

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I WILL get off this thread!

Just seen this on the Twitter feed:

We offer tailor-made vitamin supplements for use following weight loss surgery – FitForMe

https://twitter.com/FitForMeUK

Could be helpful!

Doodah x

katy

I got a ton of the soluble stuff last week. Will be trying it tomorrow as ran out of the pills thus morning….I’m not very good with anything soluble (never have been-I have a strong gag reflex!) so will see how it goes. Planning to buy some ‘ back up ‘. Centrum just in case!!
    Katy x

Whitey

Just ordered a free trial pack from FitForMe

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Whitey 28974 wrote:

Just ordered a free trial pack from FitForMe

Ooh, please let us know how that goes and whether or not you got good service/value for money (free is really good value haha)

Doodah x

ebaa

Thank you every one x

Lauren
    Keymaster

How’s it going Are you coping ok?

Whitey

Registered for a free trial pack from FitForMe and the pack arrived today. It contained 45 vitamin tablet and 45 calcium. There are 2 x £2.50 money off vouchers in the pack so quite a generous freebie.

Mine came today to 🙂 xxx

I actually managed to get a packet of Forceval Capsules about a week ago it was a chance comment in a local Tesco pharmacy and the pharmacist started chatting we got onto the subject of Forceval and he said we don’t get much call for it but have 30 on the shelf, I didn’t think any more about it until a month later when I realised I was getting low on them ( I only have to take one every other day because I went into B12 & iron overload). So whilst in the same Tescos I tentatively asked if they still had them not expecting a positive answer, well yes they still had them my husband piped up any chance of holding them back until I got a prescription, they said yes!

So there are some around but not many hopefully what I now have will be enough to get me through until they are widely available again. Happy hunting out there….

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Happy-go-lucky 29012 wrote:

I actually managed to get a packet of Forceval Capsules about a week ago it was a chance comment in a local Tesco pharmacy and the pharmacist started chatting we got onto the subject of Forceval and he said we don’t get much call for it but have 30 on the shelf, I didn’t think any more about it until a month later when I realised I was getting low on them ( I only have to take one every other day because I went into B12 & iron overload). So whilst in the same Tescos I tentatively asked if they still had them not expecting a positive answer, well yes they still had them my husband piped up any chance of holding them back until I got a prescription, they said yes!

So there are some around but not many hopefully what I now have will be enough to get me through until they are widely available again. Happy hunting out there….

Thanks for this! I have some too but i normally take Sanatogen Gold and have never had any trouble. My dear old Mum thought I took Forceval and managed to blag me a carton! I will use them but I’m really not bothered about the shortage as there are so many great alternatives. Always remember, any vitamins and minerals are better than none 😉

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi guys

Just had an email from the makers of Forceval, they are now saying the capsuals will or “should” be available from the end of August, and not a day too soon, their Soluable version is just horrible.

Paul

Thanks Paul

I did ask my local pharmacy, they have been relying on me, as I was lucky to get an extra 30, I went into iron and B12 overload I have been only taking them every other day as I was instructed by Shaw. But I will run out in September between two holidays. I’m afraid trying to negotiate things at my surgery is hard work… Fortunately I get prescribed 90 at a time so this currently lasts 6 months, oh until the next blood test tell me other wise !

Many thanks
    Claire

PS my experience of soluble medication is not good!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media