Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Food in Hospital

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    charabanc

Hi,
    After a Gastric Bypass, what food are you likely to get served while in hospital?
    Thanks.

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI

Good question, I had my bypass a year ago March and, from what I can remember the day after the op we were given clear soup but were allowed free foods after that, that means anything off the menu, althought the range is limited, for obviouse reasons but because the bay is geared up for bariatric surgery they know the portion sizes.

When do you go in and which hospital are you going into.

Good luck and keep us posted, I hope I’ve helped you.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Every hospital is different, but the one I was in St Richards in Chichester we got purée potato & cheese on the same day as I had by bypass, but they are all different, with some insisting on liquids only and some more solid.

Paul

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I had my bypass just over the year ago at St Richards and I remember I was allowed clear soup as my first meal after the op and then after that what ever you choose off the menu, I remember having porridge and mashed banana and when they bring you the portion size you will look at it and think that will never fill me but you really be hard pushed to finish it. I also can remember remarking that considering that we all had had bariatric surgery and was suppose to be loosing weight that they kempt coming round and feeding us lol.

Elaine xx

78rpm

Have to agree with the comments here they match my experience with the addition of pured chicken if I remember correctly and a plain biscuit oh and dont forget the water!

rgds

Jay

hazelann70

I can’t remember what I was given in UCLH but I do remember being well jealous when my mate said they had given her chicken korma!! As soon as I found that out I cooked it straight away lol All I remember was drinking loads of tea for some reason lol

Different hospitals have different ideas and where some endure the milk diet, I had a nice one of soup, yogurt and milk so probably shouldn’t have been miffed at not having anything nice after surgery!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Yep, everyone different! I had a rich tea biscuit asnd some mash with cheese. Oh and plenty of tea. I had told Shaw Somers (in jest I might add) that if I couldn’t have tea or marmite, the op was off haha!

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media