Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Food ideas

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Emily.p

Hi all

I am in need of help as to what food I can eat in the first few weeks post op as they only really give you mashed potato and shepheards pie so wanted to ask for some ideas please.

Thanks

PS. no fish.

Emily

miss missy

hi emily.im week 3 post op and a good thing is soups.i make a yummy lentil one.put lentils onion and a couple of knorr chicken stock cubes in a saucepan.simmer for about half hour then purree it.also butternut squash onion carrot and parsnip and stock cubes.delicious.canned macaroni and spaghetti are good 2.most ready made chilled meals are good as well.thats basically wot ive been having.hope thats a couple of ideas 4 you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Emily,
    I have been having snacks of yoghart, low fat custard, mashed banana, puree tinned chicken curry, puree any tinned meat like stewed steak or mince. You can have anything really as long as you puree them, just think only another three weeks Emily then we can go on to something a little more solid. xxxxxx

Emily.p

Hi

Thanks for the ideas I just get worried I will have something that doesnt agree with me and get dumping but im sure thats only with sugar right??? Will try the tinned pasta that sounds good and save you cooking loads to then no to eat much of it.

Thanks Emily

Hi Emily
    I only get dumping with fats
    NEVER with sugar
    everyone reacts different after bypass.

Ms Ellie

Hi there Emily what I found that helped me when I was having soup was to add a little grated cheese it makes a difference!

Good luck xx

Anonymous

@stilltryingsohard 13703 wrote:

Hi Emily
    I only get dumping with fats
    NEVER with sugar
    everyone reacts different after bypass.

Same for me.. No grease here, sugars are fine……

Emily.p

Hi

Really with greasy food I didnt realise that I thought it was with sugar so thats why they say no chocolate??? Why does everything have to be sugar free is it just because its better for you? What sort of gresy food does it for the both of you??

Thanks Emily

sonia kidman

Hi Emily
    I have been having anything just making sure it is well pureed,I have had crab puree with extra mayo also the mini weetabix with warm milk,weight watchers angel delight also on my first night home I had chicken curry with sagloo well puried (it tasted wonderful).I hope this helps and you are well.
    Sonia :O)

Emily.p

Hey Sonia

I think im just worried about what I can and cant have so scared to try things I guess but sounds like anything goes but nothing too greasy I guess…. Im good otherwise going to venture out to the cinema tomoz with a friend and get out into the big wide world haha. How are you doing?

Anonymous

LOL…. Sugars,

Sugars are present in most things and we venture into it without really understanding.
    Natural sugars are not as bad but can cause some to dump…

Your find yourself being a label freak when shopping …lol.

Whilst some can, its best not to try 🙂 its really not a good thing being sugar tollerant when you had surgery with the intention you would not tollerate it… or it would give you some very nasty reactions….

As someone with a very sweet tooth, my habbits have changed although I do occasionally have some sort of treat without too much trouble, because I can, but rest assured its so much less than it ever was…. and can be quite sickly at times..

Sweeteners can and often substitute the sweet rush, cerial bars were my down fall and leaded to the longest plateau when I was thinking these are healthy they really were not as I substituted so many other things for cerial bars for convienience.
    Old habbits die hard.

Try to work at a good selection of foods, it will pay dividends on results.
    If you feel like your faultering, shout for suggestions. Sweet cravings stay with us, and only when your comfortable with eating will you try, for fear of dumping and frothing is enough to make you steer clear….

My comments will be frowned upon by some as we really should not venture into these things, its not healthy and it will cause plateaus, I am just trying to be honest with my experience. I actually wished I did dump on sugars…. I dont need them…

If not risking dumping or frothing think of hitting a plateau and that should be enough intially to keep you focused…

Please dont go their if you can help it….
    Have more control than me…

Buzz xx

sonia kidman

Emily
    I am great apart from trying to sleep finding hard to sleep all night but I guess that will come.
    Glad to hear your getting out and about its no good being stuck in the house all day.
    I forgot to ask how did you get on when you got home with your dog was he ok?
    Take Care of yourself Chat soon
    Sonia

Emily.p

I just wrote a reply and at the end my computer dies on me great lol.

Buzz thanks for that I will just play it safe and see how it goes.

Sonia glad to hear you are feeling better I dont have a problem sleeping luckly but I do still have some pain in my right side I think my diaphram is bruised or something but it gets a little better each day so hopefully wont be around for to long. Have you had your weekly check up call from loxwood as I havent??

Emilyxx

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media