Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

food getting stuck!!!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » food getting stuck!!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    amanda77422

I have a problem with eating everything.even soft foods.. I had the lapband and I end up throwing up any advice or support would be great

SJ

Sorry to hear you are having problems. If you are bringing up soft foods it could be that your band is too tight. Also constant sickness is likely to cause some internal swelling which could be adding to the problem. Maybe try going on liquids only for just a couple of days to see if things settle down, if you are still having problems then call your team to get some advice, but it sounds like you might need a de-fill.

Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Doodah
    Keymaster

How long post op are you Amanda?

Doodah x

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,
    I agree with SJ, being sick and reaching or frothing will cause swelling which in turn can make things even tighter than it should be…. if you are struggling early days even with sloppy foods you will need to consult the surgical team.

i would always suggest after any episode be it band or bypass in the early days to take things slow and go back to very basics untill any swelling or soreness resolves, this usually happens within a day or two, any longer you really should be phoningf for advice….

Hope that helps…

We are a tad delicate, especially in the early days, but it does get easier….. honest it does..

Buzz xx

cazza

Hi Amanda
    I had a band done 11 months ago and when I had restriction I would be sick alot even if I drank to much to quickly I made sure that I only had tiny bites at a time put my knife & fork down after each mouth full as if I didnt I would find I would eat quicker it would get stuck be sick. Also I found I really had to focus on chewing & chewing it until there was nothing let this really helped also not trying to talk to anyone as this would distract me & I wouldn’t chew it enough then it would get stuck. I currently have no restriction as have been unlucky & have a got a leak somewhere and need the port replacing.

I hope this has helped

Cazza

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media