Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Food detective BBC

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

Did any one else watch the food detectives this week on BBC . Oh my goodness it was about sugar alternatives and the effect they have on the brain !!!!!!! Apparently although 0 Calories the brain want more food afterwards so people eat more!!!!! I think I’m going to try and give up NAS squash and sweetness in my coffee . Lucky lol I drink tea just with skimmed milk. .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 34970 wrote:

Did any one else watch the food detectives this week on BBC . Oh my goodness it was about sugar alternatives and the effect they have on the brain !!!!!!! Apparently although 0 Calories the brain want more food afterwards so people eat more!!!!! I think I’m going to try and give up NAS squash and sweetness in my coffee . Lucky lol I drink tea just with skimmed milk. .

I gave up artificial sweeteners ages ago as I found that it made me want sweeter things all the time. I did it because I was going to give up sugar in my tea (lots of dental problems) so I needed to wean myself off the ‘need’ for sweet tasting foods. I use honey to sweeten things if I need to – at least it’s 100% pure and natural. It’s so hard to do the ‘right thing’ isn’t it? Especially after weight loss surgery! I’m learning all the time – literally new things every day. thanks for this heads up Kim. It’s certainly one to share. Will find the link to the programme and post it here so others can see it 🙂

Doodah x

*here it is.

BBC iPlayer – Food Detectives – Episode 3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media