Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Focus…

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Squeaky, absolutely you should feel you can be honest about your experiences. This forum is not just for support when things go right – it’s even more important to talk to us if things haven’t gone according to your plan. We never sweep anything under the carpet here. John had a band problem earlier in the year and he was very vocal about it on this forum. Good job he was because it helped him to get the right help. It was sorted.

Please don’t ever feel you can’t say anything negative. We encourage every aspect of wls to be discussed. What we don’t encourage is being negative towards each other – there is a huge difference don’t you think? I believe that every member of this forum is a supportive and caring person who deserves to be heard, whether their opinion is a positive or negative one. Honesty is never wrong and should be encouraged.

Doodah xx

cupcake

Hi, Doodah, I have been trying to find a statement to motivate me and without looking there it was. I have a poster of the great wall of china and underneath it says ” The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ” (Lao – tzu) so that is the one, this has now been placed at the top of my staircase so I see it every morning when I get up and every night before I go to bed. Still trying to find my way round this forum malarky but wanted to share that little thought. Di

Thanks doodah. Tbh I really needed to read others problems with bands to encourage me to take action about my probs. I just don’t want to scare peeps!!

Today’s focus has been talking to myself about how far I’ve come. A friend gave me a pressie of a group picture of our friends taken a few weeks ago… And I HATE the pic of me…. I actually felt a bit despondent when I saw it. But I can’t let my brain go funny cos of one photo. I am focussing on reminding myself that there are also some great pics of me! How I see myself in pictures is probably not how people see me:-) I have come a long way and I won’t do what I would have done before and give in and eat the £1 chocolate ( probably at least a fivers worth;-)!!! Instead I will drink my milk and know that I will be closer to my goal by tomorrow!!! Xxxxx

Well i haven’t written for a few days – weekend was somewhat challenging with a migraine friday/saturday and i always get really hungry when I have a migraine ! Kinda had to give in a little bit as I think my body is saying I need some more food ! But I did try to limit it and it was low fat crisps etc not 2 tubes of pringles!!! Saturday afternoon I felt a lot better and went off to a murder mystery dinner party and I really dropped the ball. I realised I got complacent. I’ve drunk alcohol before, i’ve eaten peanuts before and a little bit of sweet stuff but after a very silly combination where i missed the main course cos i felt too full and decided to eat creme brulee !! (whatever possessed me !!) I dumped big time ! I’m not a dumper but I had to go sneak off to my mates spare bedroom and lie down for an hour ! Lesson learnt !
    Sunday was boring and long and I learnt someone I knew died so honestly it was not my best head/food day but I decided that as of Monday 8am I’d start again and I have – I will not let myself go down that slippery failiure slope !
    So my new focus is to not get complacent ! And not to be silly at my wedding; imagine dumping at your own wedding !! It wouldn’t be a good look ! Glad I learnt that lesson!!

I’ve felt really hungry over the last few days and so am concentrating on good food/liquids etc but my little head is doing a little panic – restriction gone?? no more weight loss !! So i’ve come on here and had a good read and as always it’s so reasurring to know my concerns are similar to so many other !!
    Right off to eat some cherry tomatoes !

Tamo xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Oh my goodness, can you imagine dumping at your own wedding! i think I would do almost ANYTHING to avoid that!

I love this forum for the fact that we can all be totally honest with each other (and ourselves) and know that we will be understood 100%. We don’t judge each other and we all want success for every member. I for one, get just as excited for every newbie as i did for myself. I know how, with hard work and committment, it’s possible to save/imporove/get back our lives. I’m especially excited when it’s a young person as they will get almost a whole, whole new life haha!

You are getting married – what better way to begin your brillaint new life?

Doodah x

Dizzy
    Participant

I am too back to focussing after a slight weight gain of 13lbs…. nearly knocked my socks off when i got on the scales…. it wont get any worse, not now im back on here !!!!! Today i prepared and weighed all the “right ” foods so that when i was at work and i felt the need for food i didnt send out for rubbish….. i walked the dog again, something i hadnt done in weeks, well not properly…. tomorrow i may even try the wii fit again !!!!!!!

Mands

Deffo up for this … I’m 4 days post op xxxx

Hi all. Well I’m back to this … Wedding stuff went a bit crazy then Xmas then well list a little focus really! So back to focussing ! Just cooked a chicken casserole for my work lunches. Planning my good diary after a very had weekend.. ( focus definately slipped ) and ballet/tap/gym planned this week! Interestingly I was talking about a new diet with my mother in law thus afternoon and my sister in law just said’ why would you do that you don’t need to diet ‘ literally no one had ever said that to me ever!!!!!!!!!!! Clearly the 8 stone loss is showing;-) xxxxxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi all

I’m so happy that you can now all ‘re-mind set’ because you know what needs to be done to get back on track. It will be the thing that stops you from ever putting back on all the weight you have lost. You don’t blame anything or anyone else and just get back on it – the journey to health and happiness. I’m so proud of you. It shows that you have the skills to change your life forever, even after a few setbacks.

When I have a little gain (4 pounds and NO more) for whatever reason, I get back to basics. Soup, porridge and loads of veggies/salad with lean/low fat protein. It’s amazing how much your body thanks you for it! Mine almost gives a sigh of relief at not having to deal with ‘crappy’ food and drink (Christmas and holidays being the main culprits lol.) So long as we recognise that it is OUR responsibility both for how it happened and how to to put it right we will always be a couple of steps ahead 😉

Also pleased that we all have this place where we can come along for support and encouragement. NO judgement here.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@squeakyfruitbat 27590 wrote:

Hi all. Well I’m back to this … Wedding stuff went a bit crazy then Xmas then well list a little focus really! So back to focussing ! Just cooked a chicken casserole for my work lunches. Planning my good diary after a very had weekend.. ( focus definately slipped ) and ballet/tap/gym planned this week! Interestingly I was talking about a new diet with my mother in law thus afternoon and my sister in law just said’ why would you do that you don’t need to diet ‘ literally no one had ever said that to me ever!!!!!!!!!!! Clearly the 8 stone loss is showing;-) xxxxxxx

LOVE it xx

To add this I’ve just upped my gym visits to 2 a week! Doing the GP referral scheme. Life is hectic so had planned once a week but love it so much they’re letting me come twice a week…. Had to bear the bingo wings tonight which to be honest actually made feel somewhat sick and frightened but I focused on the exercise and apart from the odd flap of wind s ( seriously they’re like dans when they get going;/)!!!!) I actually managed to forget about them or people looking at them for a whole 40 minutes! God I want my arms done;-) xxxxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@squeakyfruitbat 27662 wrote:

To add this I’ve just upped my gym visits to 2 a week! Doing the GP referral scheme. Life is hectic so had planned once a week but love it so much they’re letting me come twice a week…. Had to bear the bingo wings tonight which to be honest actually made feel somewhat sick and frightened but I focused on the exercise and apart from the odd flap of wind s ( seriously they’re like dans when they get going;/)!!!!) I actually managed to forget about them or people looking at them for a whole 40 minutes! God I want my arms done;-) xxxxxx

Good for you! You went along, got into it and forgot that you have excess skin on your arms. I SO admire that. It’s the one area of my body that I only allow friends and family to witness! Even on holiday in 32C daily, I kept on a short sleeved T shirt. However, I’m fortunate enough to be getting my bingo wings done. I can’t wait.

You are doing brilliantly, much better than me. I’m in awe – seriously x

Doodah x

Thanks Doodah! To be honest I actually hated almost every minute of it but short of a miracle I will never get my arms done and I just think I need to brave them out…. Only in certain situations though! I have an ever expanding wardrobe full of shrugs! I hate choosing every outfit by shrug but hey hoooo! I plan to get my arms out in my garden with friends and at the gym! I have to brave swimming soon but that’s arms and saggy thighs! Working up to that one!!!!! Xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Haha, you are so funny!

It’s weird but I have never had a problem releasing my flabby wobbly thighs into the world or my muffin top before I had that done but my arms…that is my bete noir – the one thing I will never be comfortable with. If I had to choose between my boobs or arms, it would take serious consideration on my part I can tell you! I too have an army of shrugs! Especially those nice ‘popcorn’ knit ones. Summer is the worst isn’t it? Mind you, not that I’m often warm enough to want to take the ruddy thing off haha!

keep up the good work. I totally admire you 😉

Doodah x

Dizzy
    Participant

Back on track i think !! Have shed 7 of the 13 lbs i put back on…. not a gym insight despite being referred by my GP , i have used my stairs at home and worked hard on my arms with some light dumb bells……. have written down every thing that has passed my lips and it seems to be working by simply going back to basics…. not exactly rocket science !!!!! Grateful thanks to this thread xxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media