Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Focus…

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Well guys I’m 7 months out and 6.5 stone down and feel I’m doing brill but ya know what, the easier it gets the more I see how it could get too easy…too complacent…. Not enough focus… At the mo I’m still loosing but I’m aware that the further out I get the harder this will be… I know I have to up my exercise…. I’m a faffer…. I know I have to stop the odd nibble which is creeping in .. Today I re-read my referral letter for funding for surgery from my lovely surgeon… It really helped remind where I was this time last year…. In a pickle! And helped me remember where I want to be … So I’m gonna try post daily about things that I have done to keep my focus.. I don’t want to post about food particularly as I use a private food diary and it works brill for me. This is more about my mindset.. continuing my good work and keeping the mind side of things on track!!

Things like… Went for a walk… Ran up the stairs.. Clothes i saw i’d like to get into…sometimes the fact that i wanted food but chose a more positive option! Just the little things that count… Not sure if this a mad idea or not but if anyone wants to join me on this focus thread I’d love to share our thoughts and ambitions.

Tamo x

sharlotte

Sounds like a great idea! I’ve just started my journey but would love to join you in this!!! I’m only 2 days in but will post along with you each day to say a positive option/choice that I have taken that day!!! Keep it up your doing fab!!!!

Excellent I’m glad someone didn’t think this was a completely crazy idea.
    Focus day one: got bottom off sofa and prepared fresh salad to take to work to avoid expensive bad food in canteen!

Ps… Two days post op! Hope you’re feeling ok! I was very excited and somewhat tired at your stage!!! Xxx

RaeRae

I a up for this to, great idea, only 12 days post op so still a but delicate, but will increase exercise as soon as I feeling somewhat better.
    Way to go Sharlotte, how you feeling?
    Rae xxxx

sharlotte

Hi Rae Rae,

I’m still quite uncomfortable at the moment but resting up! Have been up and walking about to try and get rid of this windy pain in my shoulders!!! Not gone yet 🙁
    Off to Devon for a few days today to relax with my husband and little man! Hopefully when I get back I can start some swimming or something light to get this weight shifted!!! There’s been no change since day 3 of the milk diet?!? Is that normal?!?x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@sharlotte 25763 wrote:

Hi Rae Rae,

I’m still quite uncomfortable at the moment but resting up! Have been up and walking about to try and get rid of this windy pain in my shoulders!!! Not gone yet 🙁
    Off to Devon for a few days today to relax with my husband and little man! Hopefully when I get back I can start some swimming or something light to get this weight shifted!!! There’s been no change since day 3 of the milk diet?!? Is that normal?!?x

It’s perfectly normal. Your body has had a trauma and is repairing itself. Everything will soon settle down and will get going again. I went to the Isle of Wight after my op. It was a brillaint thing to do. Gentle, slow walks in beautiful surroundings and no everyday hassles for a few days works wonders for the mind every bit as much as the body.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@squeakyfruitbat 25754 wrote:

Well guys I’m 7 months out and 6.5 stone down and feel I’m doing brill but ya know what, the easier it gets the more I see how it could get too easy…too complacent…. Not enough focus… At the mo I’m still loosing but I’m aware that the further out I get the harder this will be… I know I have to up my exercise…. I’m a faffer…. I know I have to stop the odd nibble which is creeping in .. Today I re-read my referral letter for funding for surgery from my lovely surgeon… It really helped remind where I was this time last year…. In a pickle! And helped me remember where I want to be … So I’m gonna try post daily about things that I have done to keep my focus.. I don’t want to post about food particularly as I use a private food diary and it works brill for me. This is more about my mindset.. continuing my good work and keeping the mind side of things on track!!

Things like… Went for a walk… Ran up the stairs.. Clothes i saw i’d like to get into…sometimes the fact that i wanted food but chose a more positive option! Just the little things that count… Not sure if this a mad idea or not but if anyone wants to join me on this focus thread I’d love to share our thoughts and ambitions.

Tamo x

Absolutely BRILLIANT is all that needs to be said. You are taking your new life into your own hands and with the help of the surgery, you will make it work.

I don’t think the power of positive thinking can ever be overestimated. I truly believe that we make our own luck. The old saying: ‘Have you noticed how lucky successful people are?’ is very telling. It’s nothing to do with luck, it’s about hard work, postivity and planning.

We are given this chance/tool to change our lives for the better forever. It needs working with. A hammer lying on the workbench is merely a stick with a heavy head, but picked up and used, it can build a palace. Well done you for picking up the tool and working with it.

Doodah x

Day 2: spent all day focussing on going to ballet and tap.. It’s wet and rainy but I made myself go.. And I even managed one more tap step I couldn’t do before!! Yay!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Fantastic! I so admire you for doing this ;-))

Doodah x

Day 3: had to focus really hard on not buying the bargain Xmas chocs whilst standing in the queue at the co-op ! Man Xmas could be hard!!!!

Also managed a nice lunch time 25 min walk round the park! X

cupcake

Hi Tamo, I have my consult for revision surgery next Monday. I am so excited and nervous all at the same time I am sure it was lack of support and my own fault that I am in this position. I will look forward to reading your focus threads daily and hopefully it wont be too long before I can say I am changing my name to twiglet or peastick instead of cupcake.

Hey cupcake wishing you all good luck. I had a revision from band to bypass. It’s so easy to blame ourselves when WLS doesn’t go exactly as planned but its often a variety of reasons. For me I had band problems, my head still wasn’t sorted ( not sure i’ll ever be totally sane;-) ) , I ate too much…. Basically I needed more help , so this time I have more help I know where my faults were and I’m gonna work hard to resolve these issues…. Life’s a journey , often things don’t go as planned, sometimes we falter but seeing why we faltered and trying to change some things is all we can do!!! I sometimes regret things that happened with my band and some one did ask me if I regret not having the bypass first… Short answer no… I chose the band… It didn’t work , I’ve tried my next option…. I’m not saying I never sit here and think ‘what if’ ??? But I try to tell myself that there’s no point it’s done embrace the new changes and learn from the old!! Xxx
    Ps don’t change your name it’s cute!!! X

cupcake

Hi aw thanks for that. I do appreciate that there were lots of other issues and I worry that if I say too much it would upset pre op band patients. It is sometimes difficult to take responsibility when things go wrong but hey been there done that. My bag is packed my mind made up, research done and I feel that with all the great support here the world is my lobster ( dont like oysters) and it wont be long before I am saying move over and make room for another one.

I am also cautious of making too much if my band probs but I guess people do need to know the good the bad and the ugly I know band patients who gave no probs and done excellently I was just one who had probs… Both physical and pyschological. Let us know how it goes xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media