Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Fluctuating weight

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Is anyone else with a band struggling to lose the last bit of weight? I want to lose about another stone and a half.

I had my band tightened a couple of weeks ago and have a great level of restriction. I’m also cycling to work and home again 3 or 4 times a week (4 miles each way) but the weight isnt moving.

I’m not eating rubbish like crisps and chocolate (I have the odd little bit but not everyday or anything) and am concentrating on eating protein and veg before carbs but the scales still wont budge.

Has anyone got any advice as getting really frustrated. Me and my husband have decided to start trying for a baby so I really want to lose the last bit of weight

Thanks for reading

Tracy xx

cazza

I have had my 1st fill and don’t have my 2nd until the 2nd sept I didnt really feel any restriction after the 1st fill and now have no restriction at all. I went back to work 2 weeks ago and have notice that I have put on a few pound because i’m eating more as before I wasn’t getting up very early and wasn’t really having breakfast but getting back up at 6 and breakfast at 6.30 by 9 I feel I want something to eat again. I’m not feeling full and it’s getting to me that i’m trying to focus so much but have put about 4lb back on now i’m scared to go on the scales. I need to get it back off before I go to the hospital. HELP what can I eat to fill me up.
    Cazza:help::sad:

Anonymous

Hi Cazza,
    Dont despair thats the worst thing you can do….

“HELP what can I eat to fill me up”.. your words hun.
    This is where I fear the problem is…… dont eat…drink….. substitute meals or snacks with fluids (milk, soups or water).
    Keep a bottle handy and tuck into that initially…. until you can get your next check up.

Food is going to be everywhere on the cruise so you have to try to distract yourself from it…
    Plan your meals, ask hubby to take his away or meet him half way through his meal…

Cazza, huney….come on… You dont need to feel full, just satisfied….
    Were trying not to be overeaters sweetheart.

You can do it…I know you can….. You know I am amougst your biggest supporters.

Buzz xxx

cherylp

Cazz, I didn’t feel restriction until my 2nd or 3rd fill- don’t worry it will work, just give it time and relax with it. When I had my first couple of fills I could still eat anything, now I cant eat bread, rice, pancakes, not much potatoes etc etc.
    I did join slimming world as much to be part of a regime than a diet. That has kept me in check. Because I can still even now eat things that are not good for me such as cream chocolate etc.
    YOu are still early days but if you are anything like me – YOU WANT IT AND YOU WANT IT NOW! sadly doesnt work- lol
    Cheryl x

Claire

Hi Cazza

First off, don’t panic… bandsters that get good restriction from their first fill are very few and far between. It can take a few fills before you get to a decent level of restriction.

Now, are you really hungry when you think you are or do you think it could be head hunger? Try having a drink first and waiting a while to see if it was really just thirst.

What are you having for your brekkie? Complex carbs are good as they keep you fuller for longer, something like real porridge is great.

Other than that, make sure you are following all the rules, no drinking when you are eating or for an hour either side, particularly.

Don’t worry hun. It will happen for you, you just need to be patient. I know how hard it is when we see the bypassers losing weight straight off the bat, but remember, their window of opportunity is generally shorter than ours. Usually, we all get to the same place around the same time, think tortoise and hare.

Take care
    Claire
    xxx

Ms Ellie

Hey there Cazza as the others have said dont panic huni you have done really well 2nd september is just around the corner xxxx

cazza

Thanks guys I normally have cereal just right for breakfast then about half nine I find myself eating a tortilla wrap with ham or tuna in it and a banana then about 1 I shall have some crackers then evening meal about 7 then at times I want something before I go to bed i’m drinking about 2 litres a day 1 of flavoured sparkling water the other squash. I think my other down fall is that i’ve been having some vodka & diet cokes again. Cazza

SJ

Hi Cazza,

Try not to worry – it usually takes a few fills to get the right restriction. Don’t beat yourself up – until restriction is right your ‘tool’ is not yet working for you. It is hard when you want to lose weight, it is not a quick fix, but you will get there.

Reading your intake, I would try to avoid anything sparkling or fizzy if I were you – the gas can stretch your pouch.

Good luck – you will get there!

SJ

cazza

Thanks guys for your words of encouragement I just think that if when I go back and have put on they won’t be happy with me I just don’t get a full feeling which when I don’t I feel like I want to eat something else. I’m gutted i’ve put on. Trying harder to eat more fruit & veg to see if that helps.
    Cazza

Claire

Hi Cazza

As SJ said… Step away from the fizzies!!!! It is one of our rules unfortunately, no fizzy drinks. Hard I know, but you could stretch your pouncg before it’s even started working for you hun…

Take care
    Claire
    xxxx

cazza check the sugar and calories in your flavoured water, you might be surprised at how many calories and how much sugar there is in one of those things. remember glucose, dextrose and fructose to name but a few are different names for sugar.
    also as some have already said drink instead of snacking, for me personally my brain still confuses thirst for hunger (well not so much true hunger as head hunger) so try quenching that before going for food.

cazza

Thanks guys the water I tend to have is Tesco’s & each 250ml is 4 cals 0.4g sugar and sweetner (sucralose) is used I used to drink alot of pepsi and fizzy drinks so thought that slightly sparkling water may be ok please tell me if i’m wrong and just need to stick with squash as I don’t drink hot drinks as they never quench my thirst.
    Cazza

SJ

I was told nothing sparkling with my band (or bypass), even lightly sparkling still contains gas. I would say avoid it to give your band the best possible chance of working.

SJ

cazza

Thanks SJ for that

Ms Ellie

Hows it going Cazza, I hope all is well with you sweetie xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media