Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Fizzy drinks

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johncg

I all.

Can anyone tell me what the reason is for not drinking fizzy drinks…. Is it the same for the band and bypass? And what happens if you do and what’s the symptoms ??

Cheers

Love John xxxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi John,
    Don’t know about the band, only know about the bypass and I have found that I can drink a “fizzy” drink as long as it has been sitting a little while and a lot of the fizz has gone, if I forget to leave it for a while I get a lot of pain in my pouch I presume where it fizzy’s up and it bloats me out as after all it is gas I am putting down there, so I don’t very often have anything fizzy. If I am out and I have wine with soda or lime and soda or if I feel really naughty half a cider I have loads of ice with them all takes the fizz away and dilutes them. Sure someone will tell you more.
    Elaine xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi John

Band or bypass, fizzy drinks are not recommended for at least a year as they can stretch the pouch over time. It can be very, very painful and will make you feel like you have a balloon in your tum (which essentially you would have!) Also, unless you choose a diet or sugar free version, they are FULL of sugar which will make you dump (bypass) or gain weight. They are also hellishly damaging to your teeth.

So, best avoided all round really. Although saying that, at a wedding last year I had a few glasses of bubbly and was fine – squiffy but fine. I’m almost 4 years out though so my pouch has settled down to a nice regular routine.

Hope that helps.

Doodah x

johncg

Cheers guys thanks for advice.

Love John. Xxxx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media