Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Five year oppiversary!

Home ยป Topics ยป General Section ยป General Chat, Games & celebrations. ยป Five year oppiversary!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi everyone.

Well, five years ago today I had my gastric bypass with Mr Shaw Somers of Streamline Surgical.

I’m 15st lighter, happy and working for the man who saved my life. It just doesn’t come any better than that does it? I could not have done it alone, of that I am certain. A huge THANK YOU to you all. You have supported me through some very bleak times and I’m forever grateful for your unwavering help and friendship. xxxx

Suesplitpic.jpg

This is what can happen with weight loss surgery. Trust your surgeon, follow the guidelines, do your best, put yourself first for once and be kind to yourself.

Doodah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

photo1_zpscfc1fd38.png

Me with the man himself.

And I’m STILL drinking tea haha!

Whitey

Well done Sue. Happy oppiversary! You are such an inspiration for us all. It’s good to see that WLS can be successful and lets hope we can all obtain the same results, Elaine x

Kimbo

Well done Sue, you look absolutely fantastic and it’s so inspirational for those of us who are just starting out on the journey.
    Kim x

treeza

Congratulations. You look great. x ?

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thanks lovely people.

My journey was only ever about getting healthy. Healthy is a better look than half dead haha! I’m very lucky that the people in my life who love me have always loved me and always will. I have never been made to feel ‘inferior’ or ugly due to my size. I have always felt loved and no amount of money nor even wls can buy that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah

Paul-H
    Participant

Well done Sue and a Inspiration to us all as always.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thanks Paul. I think we are all ruddy marvellous! ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

ebaa

Wow 5 years congratulations and well done x

Doodah
    Keymaster

I KNOW! Five years. I cannot believe it was that long ago. Never regretted it for a SINGLE MOMENT ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Can I be nosey and ask what you do for streamline? Xx

Kimberly
    Participant

Brilliant xx

wilkin47

Yours and other peoples experiences show it can be done. What a wonderful picture of you and your surgeon, you should be sooo proud. I am in awe.

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Sparklepumpkin 29828 wrote:

Can I be nosey and ask what you do for streamline? Xx

Of course! I am their Communications Assistant. I co ordinate events and oversee social media etc. One very lucky lady indeed!

Doodah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@wilkin47 29830 wrote:

Yours and other peoples experiences show it can be done. What a wonderful picture of you and your surgeon, you should be sooo proud. I am in awe.

Thank you SO much. It’s about teamwork this wls thing. Yes, we do the hard work but its made so much easier with the help of everyone else. This forum is a lifeline. A place to feel empowered. For some of us, it may be the first time in years that we feel we are truly being listened to and supported. That cannot be overestimated in it’s positive effect. When we feel strong, we become strong. I truly believe that. It’s about becoming mentally tough again. Even if we only manage it 90% of the time, its still enough to keep the momentum going forward. My Sister is a member of the Military Wives Choir. Their motto is ‘Stronger Together’. It is totally true.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media