Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

First Visit due 20th April and very nervous.

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » First Visit due 20th April and very nervous.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Although the gallbladder can be removed through keyhole surgery they are not able to gain access through the ports made for bypass surgery, gallbladder removal used to be done at the same time when they used to do the bypass by the open method, but once they moved over to keyhole they stopped doing it at the same time.

If you have discussed its removal with Mr Somers and he has agreed to remove it, you might find that you wake up with a few extra holes from the re location of a couple of the ports.

He is the best one to ask though as procedures change all the time.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

I had my gallbladder removed at the same time and like Paul says, I had an open bypass. However, that was nearly five years ago. Best bet is to give the hospital a call or ask Shaw Somers himself at the appointment. You are in the very safest of hands believe me 😉

Doodah x

Once again, thanks guys x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Please don’t hesitate to ask absolutely anything as not too many of us are shy! There should always be someone who knows the answer or at least where to find it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media