Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

First six months.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    johncg

I all I have reached the six month mark since my band was fitted…

No complaints weight loss is brilliant… It’s not been a Bree’s but I have enjoyed the journey this far…

6.5 stone since pre op milk treatment.

Now I never thought I would say this and would have thought to have loved it, and hear it is

In a strange way I’m getting fed up with work colleagues saying ” wow you have lost weight, you look so healthy, your half the man etc”

Don’t get me wrong like you all I have had years of the complete reverse… I felt like today saying ” yes I’ve lost weight now get over it”. Sounds very u n grateful I know, I’m fine with my family saying it, but then they know about the band where others at work don’t know…. Has anyone else felt like this? Is it that I miss the fat John ? I look in the Mirror and see a different person now….

I said its strange but I still would not change a thing.

Love John xxxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi John,
    I know exactly where you are coming from, I am 3 weeks off a year post op and 10 stone lighter and I get people saying my you have lost some weight, you look so well, didn’t know it was you until you spoke, it is lovely to hear all those things, but then I get you really don’t want to lose any more do you well the answer to that is yes about another 4 stone and I also get people that are “big” and were quite happy to talk and laugh with me when I was “big” but since the the weight has come off don’t want to know me now, am I a different person, inside no only on the outside, I don’t even recognise the new me when I look in the mirror and even now I still see me “big” a size 32/34 and I still head for the large clothes, I sent for a dress in a size 18, to big had to send it back and get a size 16.
    I don’t want the “fat Elaine” to come back back but do I miss her not on your life I just love the new Elaine that is slowly emerging and I love showing her off, I am like a teenager again with my whole life stretching out in front of me, bring it on.
    Elaine xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

I know exactly what you are saying. It’s like the old ‘me’ wasn’t good enough. I’m afraid to say that I have lost ‘friends’ because they are envious of my weight loss. Someone used the words ‘New and improved’ to describe me. Yeah, thanks for that. That makes me feel like the old me wasn’t only not good enough but is also redundant.

Actually, the person inside has changed. But back to the person I used to be. The one who nobody would dare to laugh, stare or point at. I have my confidence back and some people find that threatening. We become filled with an inner strength again, and those who don’t truly love the ‘real’ us don’t much care for it.

You are right to feel miffed John but don’t let it spoil things for you mate. You have worked to darned hard for it ;-))

Doodah xx

Pauline

WOW John…. that is soo fantastic you are my inspiration !! thats such good weightloss for a bandit !, but then you have been working hard with your exercises… I bought a treadmill and 20 mins = 50 calories .. ha haaa i think i need to up my game, I think half my weight is due to WIND .. lol , even worse after my first fill… at work at the mo trying to keep everything clenched !!

Pauline xx

hides

Dear john,
    Wow is it really 6 months…. You have done fantastic, You now have your anniversary holiday to look forward too, and i’m sure this time last year, you may of asked yourself “will i be well enough to celebrate it “

Well the answer is YES….. You are now going to enjoy so many more of those anniversaries, birthdays, christmas’s etc etc. all down to Wls, hard work and will power. Congratulations john, and thank you for all the help you have given me and others along the way.

Heidi. X big hug.

hides

Oh pauline , you just made me lose bladder control with laughter……

I need to up my exercise too, how many cals is it for getting off the sofa and walking to the kettle ????? Lol.

Heidi x

Pauline

lol Heidi … about – 1 i expect !! i know and i have brought a mashed potato, with cabbage, carrots, corned beef and onion dinner to work which i will eat about 6 pm, even more wind making !!, just hope the office generally gets louder so they wont notice if one slips out… he hee

johncg

Girls girls all this talk of wind…

Thank you all for your support over the last six months and many more to come… I soooo wish we could have a one bug meet up over a weekend in an hotel stay the night and have a bloody big laugh and boy I will make you all laugh with my cockney walk, jokes and situation laughter…. I love you all the bits.

I promised her in doors a new caravan when we finished the mortgage.. And thus weekend is the first weekend away init. Plus I had to fit through the door… Well I can now with room to spare….

Now about the farts…. I’ll win a farting competition Hands down. We could get a trumpet band on britain fit talent.

Love John xxxxq

Doodah
    Keymaster

@johncg 22054 wrote:

Girls girls all this talk of wind…

Thank you all for your support over the last six months and many more to come… I soooo wish we could have a one bug meet up over a weekend in an hotel stay the night and have a bloody big laugh and boy I will make you all laugh with my cockney walk, jokes and situation laughter…. I love you all the bits.

I promised her in doors a new caravan when we finished the mortgage.. And thus weekend is the first weekend away init. Plus I had to fit through the door… Well I can now with room to spare….

Now about the farts…. I’ll win a farting competition Hands down. We could get a trumpet band on britain fit talent.

Love John xxxxq

Will you play ‘The Wind in the Willows’ for us John hahaha!!

You guys make me laugh so much xx

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media