Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

First day of the rest of my life….

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    skinnysoup

Just packed up my hospital bag to go home after having the band fitted yesterday. I was last on the list and didnt go down till 4pm so I had a long time waiting around.

I felt groggy all night and it is painful where the port is, however after having a weetabix for breakfast I do feel slightly better.

I still can’t believe I have had it done, but thought I would log in and let everyone know I am ok! Albeit a bit tearful.

Thinking of Lynne who is having it today and all the lovely friends I have made who are now on the milk diet or in count down.

Thank you to everyone that has answered questions and been very supportive.

Xx

brown69owl

So pleased you are doing ok , take it easy when you get home , I was back to normal duties 4 days after returning home . I felt a bit sensitive and emotional those first couple of days but I can honestly say it was the best thing I have ever done .

Jackie x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Well done you! Of course you will be a bit tearful – you have had a GA.

Take things slowly. It’s not a race and we are all different. Listen to your body: it’s going to be your new best friend. Can’t wait to hear all about it.

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Ah skinnysoup delighted to hear you are doing well. My surgery is not til 430 on Saturday so will be climbing the walls! Can’t wait to share experiences with you and congrats on staring on the path the your new and skinny you! ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

How are you feeling today Skinnysoup?

Doodah x

skinnysoup

I feel a bit sorry for myself if I am honest, thought I would feel better by now! The painkillers are making me feel sick, and I am having problems with eating anything. I am not sure if I feel sick from being hungry or if I just feel sick.

I am also a bit scared of eating anything, incase I am sick and that would really hurt my stitches.

I guess this is normal? But right now I am wondering if I will ever be able to eat again!

Any advice?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Aw bless you my darling.

It’s all perfectly normal – even the feeling low bit. You have had major surgery after all!

My first bit of advice is to keep sipping water – all day. Dehydration is usually the culprit for making you feel sick. It will also help to flush any toxins from the pain killers out and prevent constipation. If you hate water have tea or decaf coffee or sugar free squash.

Secondly, try to imagine what you would say if it was someone you loved going through it. Then feel the same about yourself. If you feel sad, have a ruddy good cry. Share everything you feel – good and bad.

We are all here for you and many of us have already been right where you are now.

Big, gentle hugs coming your way xx

Doodah x

lynne903

Skinny, I know exactly how you feel, that’s exactly how I feel at the moment. Feeling really sorry for myself and wondering if I’ve done the right thing. Here’s hoping we feel better soon xx

natalieyoung

Ah hope skinnysoup and Lynne feel better soon I will be joining you in 24 hours. I am not allowed food after my band for a week only liquids.

skinnysoup

Good luck Natalie, I hope being a few days ahead will be of benefit to you so any questions just ask.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow

Kerrie

Xx

skinnysoup

Even though I am sorry you also feel down, it does make me feel a bit better knowing its ‘normal’.

Fingers crossed it will get better each day and after the weekend we start to feel a bit more positive.

Xx

natalieyoung

Thanks Kerrie I am looking forward to it being over now. Hope you feel better soon just think the pounds are dropping off you already!

lynne903

Good luck for tomorrow Natalie. Although its not nice feeling like this, it is good to know that it is perfectly normal. Like Kerrie said, if we can help at all let us know

Lynne
    xx

natalieyoung

Thanks Lynne just wishing the next couple of hours away! Will let you all know how I get on at some point tomorrow evening. Thanks everyone so much it’s great have people to talk to about this.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Good luck Natalie!

Come back and let us all know how it went. We will all budge up on the loser’s bench for you 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media