Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

First Christmas post WLS

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi everyone

Just to let you know that although I won’t be on the forum as such over Christmas, if any of you feel lost or are struggling, you can private message me or email me at:

sue.smith@streamline-surgical.com

This is a journey we all do together 😉

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Ah yes Christmas after WLS can be such a daunting prospect cant it, Just remember keep it small and keep it soft, stay off the booze and stay off the chocolates.

This will be my second Christmas post surgery and for me its nice to have an excuse not top have to eat turkey 😉 which I never really liked but was forced to eat.

Just remember its a tea plate only or less if you have only just had your surgery in the last 6 months. And don’t be pressured by those around you to try a little more, they won’t like the result of you over doing it at the table 🙁

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

My best bit of advice? make sure you have a small amount of something absolutely yummy and bariatric friendly that no one else is having! It works like reverse psychology – everyone else will be jealous of YOUR food!

Carol Ball’s ‘Chocolate’ mousse is lovely. It can be found in her first book I believe. She will also have made some seasonal specials and posted them in her free newsletter!

RETURN TO SLENDER COOKBOOK IS HERE | Carol

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Lauren.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by clare.williams.
    treeza

I’m looking forward to a very little of something yummy this Christmas! I usually eat off a steak plate but this year it will be Carols portion plate! Said to hubby I’m going to make a sugar free trifle (fruit, sugar free jelly & sugar free custard) no sponge as not sure if I can find sugar free sponge?

Going out for festive meal with family this weekend & friends the following weekend! Will be interesting to see how it goes?? I’ve asked for a very small portion but who knows?
    Oh & none of them have seen me since August!
    I’m also very excited that my Mom & brother are joining us for dinner. :0)x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 30210 wrote:

I’m looking forward to a very little of something yummy this Christmas! I usually eat off a steak plate but this year it will be Carols portion plate! Said to hubby I’m going to make a sugar free trifle (fruit, sugar free jelly & sugar free custard) no sponge as not sure if I can find sugar free sponge?

Going out for festive meal with family this weekend & friends the following weekend! Will be interesting to see how it goes?? I’ve asked for a very small portion but who knows?
    Oh & none of them have seen me since August!
    I’m also very excited that my Mom & brother are joining us for dinner. :0)x

Fantastic forward planning Treeza! I’m sure you could find a fat free, sugar free sponge recipe to put in your trifle!

“…Recipe fat free cake 9 syns whole thing and makes massive cake or victoria sponge

6 eggs
    2 ounce’s self raising flour
    8/9 tablespoons granulated sweetener
    2 teaspoons vanilla/lemon/almond flavouring depending on what cake u want

Whisk up egg whites until stiff
    Then in a separtae bowl beat egg yolks with almond flavouring & sweetener, add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.

Add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.

then pour mixture into your tin & bake in the over on 180/gas 4 for about 10 to 12 mins, or until golden & firm to the touch….”

There you go – literally just Googled it 😉

Where there’s a will and all that haha!

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hay Sue, its nice to see your Sparkly “Doodah” back on display, Oh ahh missus 😉

Paul

treeza

Aww thank you Doodah. I shall certainly give it a go. ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hahahaha! Oh Paul, you make me laugh so much! 😀

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Well Iv been planing going to make scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast . smoked salmon pate ( really just smoked salmon ,cottage cheese dill, wink or process together) Xmas dinner turkey mash and Brussels gravy . And frozen cranberry muller light yogurt in an orange skin so it looks festive for lunch . Egg custard for tea . I won’t eat much but I would like to dip my spoon in the dished with ever one else .in the process of trying to make a festive drink that WLS friendly for christmas .can only think cranberry orange mulled. Wine spices and water with some sugar free sweetener , gently heated

Paul-H
    Participant

The way this last week has gone for me I suspect it will be soup for Christmas dinner this year.

Last Thursday I had to have three teeth pulled and two of them left their roots behind, so had to have my gums cut to get the roots out and then stiched up, and today I had to go to hospital to have a small growth removed from the end of my tongue so that’s also stiched up now, god that anaesthetic was painful, even for a whimpy man it was painful 🙁 hope they have all healed in time for dinner or it will be soup.

Good job I still have a stash of “the good” pain killers left over from my overweight arthritic days, never thought I would miss being on morphin like I have these last couple of days.

Good job we men don’t go through childbirth, the human race would have died out years ago 😉

Paul

Kimberly
    Participant

@Paul-H 30236 wrote:

The way this last week has gone for me I suspect it will be soup for Christmas dinner this year.

Last Thursday I had to have three teeth pulled and two of them left their roots behind, so had to have my gums cut to get the roots out and then stiched up, and today I had to go to hospital to have a small growth removed from the end of my tongue so that’s also stiched up now, god that anaesthetic was painful, even for a whimpy man it was painful 🙁 hope they have all healed in time for dinner or it will be soup.

Good job I still have a stash of “the good” pain killers left over from my overweight arthritic days, never thought I would miss being on morphin like I have these last couple of days.

Good job we men don’t go through childbirth, the human race would have died out years ago 😉

Paul

Oh my goodness you poor thing tooth pain is really horrible . I kind of know how much it hurts had two wisdom teeth cut out and stitched . Keep taking the pain killers don’t let your levels drop . Have the recommend Luke warm wash . Lots of rest xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Paul-H 30236 wrote:

Paul

OUCH! I had similar done at the beginning of the year Paul so I FEEL your pain. Stitches in the mouth feel SO wrong and I don’t know about you but I couldn’t leave the little beggars alone haha?!

Fortunately, the mouth is possibly the fastest healing part of our bodies so let’s hope you are right as ninepence for the big day! Feel very sorry for you.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 30235 wrote:

Well Iv been planing going to make scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast . smoked salmon pate ( really just smoked salmon ,cottage cheese dill, wink or process together) Xmas dinner turkey mash and Brussels gravy . And frozen cranberry muller light yogurt in an orange skin so it looks festive for lunch . Egg custard for tea . I won’t eat much but I would like to dip my spoon in the dished with ever one else .in the process of trying to make a festive drink that WLS friendly for christmas .can only think cranberry orange mulled. Wine spices and water with some sugar free sweetener , gently heated

This all sounds scrummy Kim. You have now made me really hanker after an egg custard lol!

Doodah x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media