Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

First appointment after surgery

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brown69owl

Hi

I have my first appointment after Gastric band with Chris Ping on Monday , had band fitted on May 17th

Anyone able to tell me what happens at this appointment , when will I get my first fill ?

Thank you

Jackie x

hides

Hi jackie

I never had my band done at the same hospital but i’m sure the process cant be that different. 🙂

The surgeon checked my scares, little chat, went onto be weighed and then he added 2 more mls to my band. (I was shocked to hear they had put 2mls in when the op was done). He asked me to drink a glass of water infront of him, to check the band wasn’t too tight. After that i went to dietician for another little chat ….. 🙂 . All very painless, and any questions you may have can be answered .

Hope things go well, keep us updated.
    Heidi.

Nettie

Hi Jackie,
    Chris is my consultant but to be honest I don’t see him anymore because my bariatric nurse is so good I think she is actually more of an expert in the aftercare than the surgeons who are obviously experts in band placement, but I did see him for my first appointment post op, it’s very much as Heidi said but I didn’t see the dietician at that appointment, Chris will probably ask you to eat after filling the band rather than drink water, this is a new method of assessing if the fill level is correct.
    I hope it goes well for you.
    Nettie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hope everything goes ok Jackie xx

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media