Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Finally have my money so what is next…?

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Finally have my money so what is next…?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    shelleymarie

Hi Doodah. Thanks for asking. I have not been contacted since Stacy kindly tried to hurry things up for me nearly 4 weeks ago. St. Richards called straight after and said I’d not been forgotten! and that I needed to see an anaesthetist. Which I informed I was happy to do so and told that they would be in touch and of course they haven’t been. Since first calling to try and make arrangements it has been around 10 weeks. Maybe that is normal? I just don’t know. I do wish I had better news to share.

Thank again for your support.

Shelley x

Thank you charabanc for you words of support too 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

Keep phoning them. I know it is utterly tedious but as everyone knows, the NHS are undergoing huge changes at the moment and everything is up in the air. It has a huge knock-on effect with everything as you can appreciate. I waited 3 months for an ’emergency’ appt to see an NHS rheumatologist recently and my husband has had to wait 4 months for a dentist appointment 🙁

Doodah x

shelleymarie

Stacey has found out for me that there is a wait to find out when I get to see the anaesthetist. So things are progressing. Which is all I needed to know really for renewed patience! 😀 In other good news my weight is going in the right direction for a change. I’m working hard at reducing calories and potion sizes and making better choices in preparation for surgery, seeing as I can’t do any proper exercise yet this is the only thing in my control. It’s something I didn’t think I could do on my own again but I’m doing my best. Hopefully the anaesthetist will see that and be confident that I’m a good candidate for surgery. I will keep you all informed as soon as I get a date to see him/her 🙂 I’m also moving to a much nicer home with with no painful stairs on Wednesday, this means I shall be able to get around the house so much easier and even get out in to the garden with out help. As well as have space to sit in the kitchen meaning I can prepare my own meals so being completely charge of what goes in them. A great thing for after the surgery too. So good news day for a change 😉

Thanks for the continued support x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Yay, Shelley, things sound as if they are really on the up for you! I couldn’t be happier for you hon. You are proving to yourself and others that you will do anything that is asked of you to get your new, healthier and happier life. It’s very impressive. Well done.

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media