Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Final day…………

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sharlotte

Of my milk diet tomorrow!!!!!

To be honest it wasn’t as bad as I initially thought it would be, and have surprised myself massively by not letting a morsel of food pass my lips for almost two whole weeks! Proud……..much!!
    So the operation day is almost upon me and I’m excited/nervous/scared not to mention emotional!!! But if I can eat nothing for 2 wks I can do this. I can’t wait to be a happier, healthier mummy and wife to my little family!!
    Roll on Friday……the first day of the rest of my life!!!!

Doodah
    Keymaster

@sharlotte 25673 wrote:

Of my milk diet tomorrow!!!!!

To be honest it wasn’t as bad as I initially thought it would be, and have surprised myself massively by not letting a morsel of food pass my lips for almost two whole weeks! Proud……..much!!
    So the operation day is almost upon me and I’m excited/nervous/scared not to mention emotional!!! But if I can eat nothing for 2 wks I can do this. I can’t wait to be a happier, healthier mummy and wife to my little family!!
    Roll on Friday……the first day of the rest of my life!!!!

Sharlotte, your post has given me chills. I’m so proud of you. YOU DID IT!! And, like you say, you are now ready to start the next, newest phase of your life. I won’t say best as you have a family who love you and nothing will ever top that…but this will come ruddy close!! Oh, and by the way, as you read this it will be TOMORROW that you will be having it done!! Can you believe how quickly that went?

Please keep in touch and let us all know how you are doing. I’m so excited for you. I remember the feeling myself.

Doodah x

katy

Good luck sharlotte. I’m 7months post op and am at my target weight of 11 stone. I have lost 8.5 stone and feel great. Best decision I ever made!
    Katy x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Katy!! Target weight in 7 months??!! That is fantastic. You are a weight loss MACHINE girl (as our friends over the pond would say haha) Jolly well done (British response) you have every right to feel thoroughly proud of yourself.

Doodah xx

katy

Ah thanks doodah. Your posts have always been inspirational to me and I hope I can do the same for others who use this forum. I have actually slipped a little bit under target now due to a rather unpleasant tummy bug but have been in touch with st Richards who were as always, very helpfully.
    Katy x

sharlotte

Surgery TOMORROW!!!!!

I’m so excited and can’t wait to be a looser like all the inspirational people on here!!!

Thank you for your good wishes and wow Katy amazing stuff!!!

Will keep u all posted!x

Doodah
    Keymaster

I have to keep popping back here becuase I think this forum is simply BUZZING with positive vibes at the moment! It makes my heart sing to be part of it all xxx

RaeRae

Hi Sharlotte
    You made me have a little tear well done you, I know how hard it is, having just been through it myself, I wish you all the best and tomorrow night it will all be done and you can start on as Bill and Ted said “An Excellent Adventure”
    Rae xxxxxx

londonmag

Sharlotte, doodah, anyone……
    Am at the end of day 3 of milk and not finding it to bad!
    However, I am finding things a little tough as the milk comes out the next day in solid (concrete?) form 🙂
    What are the best solutions 🙂

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi honey.

Don’t worry, it’s perfectly normal. It will also pass. In the meantime, try to make sure that you take sips of water all day – this will help the ease of passage!! It’s such an old fashioned solution but it really works – throughout your whole life so try to make it part of your life from now on.

I bought little child-sized bottles of water and kept them all around the house so that wherever I was, I could have a sip. You will feel a bit like a hot water bottle to start with until things astart moving proplerlly again but it will work.

IF it doesnt, phone your hospital team or ask your pharmacist/GP for some help. Don’t stay miserable and put up with it – those days are over for you. No more ‘put up and shut up’. Be heard.

Hope this helps but if it doesn’t (give it a couple of days) start phoning the above people 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media