Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Festive period

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi my lovelies.

Well, that time of year is almost upon us again – the time when we think about, prepare and eat food and drink for 48 hours!

Seriously though, if you are a newbie, it can be a really testing time. My first Christmas was the one and only time I thought ‘what the frilly heck have I done?’ In hindsight, I think it was the first genuine mourning for my comfort blanket – food. Until I realised that food had actually been my nemesis. The thing that made me feel bad about myself as it continued to make my body bigger, unhealthier and harder to move about in.

The following Christmas was totally different. I wore a bright red dress, sparkly shoes and was able to eat and drink all the things I like – just in tiny portions. I literally had the best of both worlds and have continued to do so right up to today.

So, if any of you are nervous about the Festive period, please try to remember that it’s only one or two days and that the best part of it all is getting to spend time with the people you love most in the world who (most importantly) love you too. A longer, happier and healthier life for yourself is your gift to them.

I am always around on here over the festive period so if you need to vent about Uncle Norman eating all the pies or Aunt Norah winding up the children to fever pitch, just pop along here – we will all completely understand how you feel. If you have a ‘wobble’ and eat or drink something that is unhealthy, be kind to yourself. It’s a special, magical time of year that is far more important than whether or not you should have eaten that second piece of shortbread!

Have a wonderful time and be thankful to be alive and safe.

Happy Holidays!

Doodah x

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Doodah.
    • This topic was modified 4 years ago by clare.williams.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media