Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Feeling sick

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    scpayne76

Hi all

I’m on day five of a two week milk diet. Feeling sick, light headed and fed up! Any advice? I’m
    Sticking to the diet but so much fluid is making me slosh! ?

Hi, having now had surgery the milk diet seems far away. The best way to look at it is that it is a means to the end, loosing weight and feeling better about yourself, plus the obvious health benefits. Also I managed to loose whilst on the milk diet as well.

Whitey

Hi sorry to hear you are feeling bad. I found by day 6 the headaches had eased so hopefully you will feel better soon. I know some people find the milk hard to cope with but you should loose weight and shrink your liver ready for the surgery. If you are struggling phone your team and ask for advice. Try to think of it as the first step on the ladder to your new life. Good luck

Kimberly
    Participant

I’m so sorry you feeling bad . I managed the milk diet using the sugar free syrups , lots of milky coffee . I divided the jelly up into three pots so I could have three meals a day . And I drank so much I was peeing for England . Just be kind to your self and realize it gets better

Lauren
    Keymaster

There’s not really a great deal I can add to the superb advice already given here. However, if you are REALLY struggling, then phone your team for clinical advice. Now I’m going to say something that might sound harsh, but is only meant as encouragement.

Try to stick with it if there is no medical reason to change from the milk diet (lactose intolerance etc.) If you change it or quit now, then you should think about whether or not wls is right for just now.

You are going to have to eat and drink things immediately after surgery that will have driven you insane by the fourth week post op. But you have to get on with it. It is not going to be a walk in the park. Wls is hard work. It requires dedication, willpower and diligence. Take this opportunity (milk diet) to prove to yourself that you are up to the challenge.

The milk diet (pre op diet as it is now called) is used to shrink your liver so that the surgeon will have easier access to your stomach. It is to make surgery easier and safer so try to remember this as you drink yet more milk! Each pint gets you nearer to your goal. Try to get into a routine with it just as you would with food – it really does help.

You have done the right thing by coming onto this forum for help. The lovely people here have all been exactly where you are right now – including me! It’s hard going. But, my goodness it is all going to be worth it – that i can promise you!

Please don’t think I am being too harsh. I only want what’s best for you. I know what joys lie ahead for you, so want to help you through every stage – as we all do. I personally loved the milk diet and I still love milk. However, never show me another sugar free jelly!!

Please let us know how you are getting on. We are all here to help.

Doodah x

scpayne76

Thank you all. Funnily enough I feel better today. I’ve kept myself busy and am drinking well. Think it was a blip! I’m so determined and WLS is absolutely for me. I can’t wait for my new life to begin. I equate this milk diet with being in Limbo. I’m caught between my old life and my future one. Milk I can do! Jelly is the devil. Yuck?

scpayne76

Just realised when I do a smiley face that random letters appear! 🙂

scpayne76

That’s better:-)

treeza

Hi there the milk diet is tough but if I could do it anyone can. It does get easier the further you get into it. Sugar free milkshake, NAS squash, milky coffee, tea all fill you up & get rid if the milk!!! SF jelly was my saviour although like Doodah can’t face it now. My favourite savoury was lamb oxo cube yummy!!

I got through it by just thinking that every tummy rumble or craving was a step closer to my goal.

You CAN & WILL do it Hun x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@scpayne76 32711 wrote:

Thank you all. Funnily enough I feel better today. I’ve kept myself busy and am drinking well. Think it was a blip! I’m so determined and WLS is absolutely for me. I can’t wait for my new life to begin. I equate this milk diet with being in Limbo. I’m caught between my old life and my future one. Milk I can do! Jelly is the devil. Yuck��

So glad you are feeling better!

Those ‘blip’ days sneak up on us once in a while (even after 6 years) to keep us on our toes lol! Always remember – Nothing in life worth having comes easily. I actually think this is the most exciting time. Just like Christmas Eve is better than Christmas day haha.

Come and tell us any time you are feeling shaky – we will metaphorically hold your hands and pull you along. Wls is not a journey easily done alone but you have no need to worry because we are all right here for you 😉

Doodah x

scpayne76

What lovely words. Thank you again. I’m
    Cooking for my post hospital return. It smells good! Good, wholesome food is coming back.
    I will update you after I have had my op. It’s next Thursday (all being well)

Siobhan

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi all,

I quite enjoyed the milk diet with the exception of the salty drink, the mere thought makes me gag. I ended up licking a spoon dipped in Marmite and drinking half a pint of water after assuming it was the same as if I’d mixed them together. I know Marmite is a decisive topic, but I’m an unashamed lover of the glorious stuff.

I found some packs of sf jelly in the cupboard recently, I obviously over-purchased while doing the milk diet. I made it up with a tin of mandarin oranges in juice and it was lovely.

Good luck Siobhan and keep in touch.

Chris x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 32717 wrote:

Hi all,

I quite enjoyed the milk diet with the exception of the salty drink, the mere thought makes me gag. I ended up licking a spoon dipped in Marmite and drinking half a pint of water after assuming it was the same as if I’d mixed them together. I know Marmite is a decisive topic, but I’m an unashamed lover of the glorious stuff.

I found some packs of sf jelly in the cupboard recently, I obviously over-purchased while doing the milk diet. I made it up with a tin of mandarin oranges in juice and it was lovely.

Good luck Siobhan and keep in touch.

Chris x

I have Marmite every day and have done since I was about 9 months old!

You are right Siobhan, good, healthy food always smells and tastes better 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media